metabo 4.8 palm and 7.2 volt powergrip screwdrivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Metabo 4.8 volt power grip volt and 7.2volt powergrip electric screwdrivers are they a good purchase,i like them because they are small and compact and easily fit in the palm of your hand.

Sponsored Links
These do look good and and I was looking at getting one. They do have a bit more torque than your regular shed trash variants and they are more trade than DIY. What will you be using them for?

Mainly for driving screws ,you can get an angle adaptor for driving screws in awkward places.

7,2 powermax is pretty decent, but the 4.8 powergrip is about 10 years old now - uses NiCD batteries and is sooo sloooowwww! Much more on the market that's far better than the 4.8 for similar money.

Sponsored Links
Bosch 10.8 driver. Awesome.

or...
If there's a Selco near you, They are doing an AEG 12v drill/driver with 2 li-ion batts, toolbox and bits, charger. £80+vat Bit more versatile than just a driver yet still compact and light.

definatly consider the bosch 10.8 awsome kit with drill'drill driver'impact driver'multitool'tin snips 'angle drill and torch avalable for the same batteries
i have all but the tin snips

I've had one of the Powermax 7.2 for a monh or two. Had a lot of use already and already wondering why I went for the dual battery pack as it charges quickly and has heaps in reserve.

I went for it over the bosch 10v jobbie simply for it's compact sze and the included right angle attachment. Plus the capacity on the Bosch batteries made me think I'd be constantly swapping packs and having to recharge - though that was just my suspeciion and may not be the case in general use.

Metabo item is not cheap, but a great bit of kit which I'm delighted with.

Oh the Metabo also has a torque limiter dial that I actually find I can use confidently (whilst most I've tried are hit and miss in terms of repetitive use, from mounting surface mount electrical back boxes (without cracking or stressing them), to delicate carpet trim strips etc, it reliably breaks torsion just where I set it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back