Meter change. Why is access to house needed?

Our meter is inside the house, and was changed about 6 months ago. Whatever tests he did were entirely confined to the board inside the cupboard on the wall.
As I said, the same is true of the last two meter changes here. They got nowhere near any sockets at which they could undertake a 'plug-in polarity test' (and nor did they use any PPE to pull fuses). One has to accept what we're being told about what they should do, and are trained to do, but they clearly don't all comply with those rules!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
This is a good example of why you should check for dead...

I went to a property to do a repair, the Ze was poor so called the DNO out.

Never thought any more of it but went a few months later to another repair, same house.

Strange readings on meter after isolation. Turned out the DNO had changed the cutout and had caused a RP after reconnecting the meter incorrectly.

I had to report it to them to get it sorted. There was, I heard, an investigation, but don't know the outcome...

Obviously, he did not do his plug-in polarity check...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back