Meter move - is it writ in stone that homeowner needs his/her own electrician on the day?

Sponsored Links
That ignore button is sooooo tempting!
Sadly I can only hit 'Like' once.

When I saw OP with a couple of replies I could see where this was going and have ignored it like the proverbial hot potato. Seeing 3 pages I had a peep...

I always take comprehensive photos of any diy that I do, I hate not knowing what's out of sight. Plenty good enough for an electrician that recognises the benefits of a proportionate response, electricians with a chapter and verse chip will be weeded out by the homeowner foreman.

Maybe so but:

An electrician cannot "sign off" work that he did not design or see installed.

To do he would be lying.

Actually it would fit the legal definition of fraud - making a statement known to be false for pecuniary advanatge.
If the work has now been done, and especially if now plastered over etc, then the only people that can legally regularise any requirement for notification would be the council's Building Control department. If there isn't any notifiable work then no "sign off" legally required - although you could face issues with (eg) insurance.

Sponsored Links
Is this one of those 'I want a cable run down to my shed, could anybody tell me the size as my electrician is on holiday'

Honestly electricians always seem to be on their hols when customer have work to done :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back