Microwave triggers pir ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is one for weekend!

I have a light my hallway entrance which has a ceiling mounted Danlers pir which has been installed for years and works fine, however i have noticed the light coming on when iam not in the hallway and have just noticed that when i start the microwave the light comes on ? There is no'line of vision' between the two items.

Any ideas why this is happening ?Just concerned i should be wearing tin foil pants !

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Do you get a mild warming in the nads region?
;)

This sounds odd but have you tried the microwave on other sockets/ in other rooms/ other circuits / other floors?

No, but that's because i barricade myself in another room until the 'pinger'then i know my pinger is safe !

I will try the microwave on another socket tomorrow and report back.

Thanks,

DS

I use to have a dog and she in draws insisted I was to walk it. Board stiff I would take my duel band radio 2m and 70cm and chat on the local repeater. It was like Blackpool illuminations as I walked around the estate with security lights coming on everywhere.

It would seem the PIR of the time was very poor with EMC and near anything would trigger them.

I remember a guy being sent to test Microwaves where I worked with the new tester off he went plus the cup of water. He was rather surprised on how many failed until by a radio and as the polling sound came from radio due to mobile phone so the meter yet again when off the scale. He returned to all he had failed this time with mobile phone off and all passed.

I know in the Falklands on the radar sights men were not allowed on the containers but women were. So clearly all microwaving and mobile phone use should be done by woman.

I know one guy who would not place mobile phone near his head always used a blue tooth hands free and kept it in his pocket. I note he has not had any more children!

So what is it no balls or no brain?

Sponsored Links
Used the microwave to-day on Hi,Med and low settings and the Pir did not trigger. But still not staying anywhere near it until it's finished cooking!

Regards,

DS

Hi, it's a sensor i can live with it if it's mains borne interference.
If it was microwave i would defiantly not using the oven !

Regards,

DS

Do not look through the gap in the microwave oven door seal with your one remaining good eye.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back