mindless vandalism

just to add to my previous post where softus asked me how do i think it makes the police feel to read what i have said about them.

Extremely good if it makes them sit up and take notice of how i feel on the subject, little chance of that though!

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
Extremely good if it makes them sit up and take notice of how i feel on the subject, little chance of that though!
To be fair, I don't think it's the fault of the members of the force. I think you'll find that they've been bogged down with beurocracy, to the point of stagnation. It doesn't help that, just about anything they would like to do about your situation could allow them to be challenged on grounds of human rights and other such PC nonsense. Just about anyone now can claim harrasment under some generalisation. "Oh you're only picking on me because I'm ____"

Insert any social group of your choice. It's getting to the point where, the only people they can persecute is White Middle Aged Hetrosexual British nationals. Everyone else has got an out under a descrimination clause.

A very true post TexMex I hope the hand wringing liberals read it and take heed.

joe

Softus said:
kendor said:
"If the police took more interest in doing their job properly"

If you don't bother going to the police when you should, then you have no right to expect any law and order. Getting the wrong outcome from doing the right thing is no reason not to keep doing the right thing. Have the courage of your convictions man!

I have to agree that the police are very inefficient and ineffective when it comes to dealing with general law and disorder. We have phoned the police on numerouse occasions (at least once a week) for such things as:-

youths riding motorcycles on public pavements and footpaths, giving reg plates and descriptions - nothing ever gets done, the problem persists and the police tell you to keep letting them know and then say theres nothing we can do unless we catch them doing it.

to

Youths breaking into premises, police on the phone said 'how do you know they're up to no good, can you prove it' Hey wait a minute isn't that supposed to be your job?? :evil:

We have established that the police work on a points system and don't take any action until certain thresholds are met. Trouble is they never get to the threshold because everyone gets fed up of letting them know, because they see no action. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that one of the problems is underfunding. I reckon the police just don't have the resources to chase up every complaint.

petewood said:
I'm sure that one of the problems is underfunding. I reckon the police just don't have the resources to chase up every complaint.
What was that quote "Tough on crime, Tough on the documentation of crime and Tough luck if you've suffered from crime." I'm sure it went something like that. :rolleyes:

Thanks TM - that makes a lot of sense. I understand that some police are jaded by the experience of not having the resources to pursue every crime and every criminal.

However, this: "If the police took more interest in doing their job properly" is what I take particular exception to, because there is no evidence to support this claim.

I don't share the seemingly common view that the police are a separate entity. In fiduciary and managment ways, of course they are, but they're drawn from the general public, there aren't enough of them, and they do an incredibly difficult job. They represent the rest us, they protect us, and they pick bits of us up from the roadside when we've been unfortunate. To bad-mouth them is an act of betrayal.

kendor said:
...how do i think it makes the police feel to read what i have said about them.
Extremely good if it makes them sit up and take notice of how i feel on the subject...
Another sufferer at the hands of Asperger's discovery.

Softus said:
However, this: "If the police took more interest in doing their job properly" is what I take particular exception to, because there is no evidence to support this claim.
At the end of the day, it makes no difference how much interest is inherant in the officer that recieves your report. They have policies to follow. Policy dictates that they simply do not bother investigating these crimes. No matter how dedicated or genuinly interested an officer is, in your case, his(or her) hands are tied. Policy dictates what crimes are, or are not, investigated. The run of the mill crimes that we all suffer from, simply fall into the category, "put it in the database and forget about it".

It's a fact of life. Any serving officer will confirm the same.

joe-90 said:
A very true post TexMex I hope the hand wringing liberals read it and take heed.
S'funny - it's bitterly cold outside and yet I'm sure I can hear a fly buzzing around the room somewhere...

i remember an article in my local paper about a policeman who quit his job out of frustration that he arrested shoplifters/joyriders/burglers on monday and by the end of the week they had a sh1t hot defence lawyer that was paid for out of our taxes and they got let off :evil: the amount of idiots that drive with no insurance,no licence,no brains,speeding and get let off in court because of their lawyer.i spoke to a copper about it the other day and he just remarked that that is the way it is,simple as that.he was apologetic about it aswell.

Thought I heard recently that you can record minor crime on the police computer. Its only for statisics.
If you go to a police station to report or produce, you have to queue. I think most people only report so they can get a crime number for insurance purposes.

I used to work for the police engineers and i have seen how much money was poured into schemes to help the police with their work such as the millions ploughed into "Command and Control" the excuse that it's funding or the laws against them doesn't rub with me, they are passing the buck.

I've noticed how many police officers turn up to media covered events and how much overtime is booked for this so if they can be so efficient when it suits them why can't they show the same concern and help for the public when they need them?

There is too much passing the buck these days with excuses about funding etc and the government being at fault but these organisations should look closer to home for solutions rather than blame others.

If the Police didn't have to spend tens of millions protecting London from young Islamic terrorist youths and following them all over the place in covert actions - then I'm sure we would get a better police service.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back