Mira Event XS Thermostatic - not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I've been browsing the numerous threads surrounding the above issue but can't seem to find an answer. So I thought I'd post my specific issue for your advice.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts you may have.

We moved into our home in February and the shower was working perfectly (we're not aware how old the unit is). Recently it became very noisy but continued to work fine, flow and temperature was fine. I removed the fascia to see if it was anything obvious and other than a lot of black powder (presumably from the brushes) there was nothing obvious to note.

I then removed the brushes from the assembly to see how worn they were, they were about 1 inch long (which I assume is ample). I reinserted the brushes put it all back together and now the motor doesn't work. I 'carefully' tested it with the fascia removed and all seems to be working except for the motor is not spinning the impeller or at all. Therefore it sounds far quieter but there is almost no flow /pressure.

Also I note that the light on the front no longer comes on...

I've checked the following:

Hose and shower head are clear
Inlets are clear
The Solanoid seems to work.

I wonder if I need to prime the motor/pump again?

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the assembly needs to be replaced (which I hope one of you guys will be able to express your view on) how do I go about removing the motor/pump assembly?

Thank you.

Does anyone know how to or have instructions to remove the pump assembly from the system please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the light no longer comes on......is the stop/start switch inside actually being operated? I believe the front cover has a rod attached to it that presses the switch, if memory serves.
Certainly the carbon brushes seem fine if they are 1" long.
It could be worth contacting the Showerdoc - for sure they will have seen it all before.
John :)

Good morning,

Thank you for your reply! :)

The switch definitely works as I operated it with the fascia removed.

I assume that the light not coming on means the pump assembly is faulty?

I'll make contact with Showerdoc, thanks!

Good morning all,

I've successfully replaced the broken motor assembly with a new one and all seems to be working fine. BUT the led light on the front fascia still does not come on. Any thoughts?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back