MK Grid plates - screws on top and bottom?

So clip modules in to frame, terminate, screw frame to back box, screw face plate to frame.
I do the first 3 the other way round..

strip the cores, terminate the earths into the frame, screw the frame onto the box, terminate the cores into the switches ( pull cables through the frame holes ) , clip the switches into the frame ( since they mount from the front.. ) and then screw the faceplate on..
this way you are certain that you haven't trapped or pinched the cables with the frame screws..

Sponsored Links
Is that the correct convension for the earths ?

I terminated the earth cables on the back box ( double size, 6/8w unit) stud and ran flyleads out to each of the grids.

The grid now has 1 x 6mm cable radial (6mm was simply because that's what I had) on a rcbo 30 amp for 2 x 13 amp ovens and a ring circuit in / out for hood, fan, hob and washer.

Nine cables (3 circuit feeds and 6 feeds to the appliances) was a PITA to set in in a tidy, clean way.

The loops on the ring should read supply side !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back