Mobile phone 'kill switch'...

Wild fires yep a regular occurrence in the uk , adverse weather you mean typical summers day
Nothing to worry about then, if it isn't needed it will never go off.

Sponsored Links
Smart tariffs which are cheaper, with extra low cost times advertised in advance.
i will give you that yep. Extra low ? you mean pennies cheaper in reality how often has this low cost been implemented
And by the same method they will also have the ability to charge more during peak times

And by the same method they will also have the ability to charge more during peak times
You worry about big brother too much. If you don't want one, don't have one.

Didn't 2 (at least) networks loose full service in London following the July 7th bombings. Seen to remember something about that occurring. Only the emergency services and a few others could make calls.

Sponsored Links
You worry about big brother too much. If you don't want one, don't have one.
who says im worried im merely stating what was originally put in original smart metering documentation about real time pricing . I will stick to my 25+ year old analogue gas meter that becomes increasingly inaccurate in the customers favour the older it gets .

Funnily enough there were many calling out 'conspiracy theory' about smart meters having control over usage...

Care to tell us how that's turned out?
yes I can -you can choose to have your power cut for an agreed period and in return the electricity company send you some money

it turned out fine

yes I can -you can choose to have your power cut for an agreed period and in return the electricity company send you some money

it turned out fine
so go on tell us how many pennies you got even better put up the proof of exact amount

how can they save you money ? they in themselves can not save you a penny and in fact have cost the public around 15 billion quid
smart meters = utter rip off

somebodies made an awful lot of money, I wonder if the smart meter makers donate to the Tory party

you save money by turning off stuff you dont need

To be fair, the big energy companies were off creating proprietary meters and collecting all sorts of data via the the "accept the terms" approach. The government regulated it and created independent hubs which hold the data and stop the energy firms from leveraging it. The contracts were split between the mobile phone companies and the usual suspects in public sector IT (Capita own the DCC for example).

From reading this thread, my conclusion is that the conspiracy-deniers are the ones that sound like the nutters these days, after the crap we're only just beginning to unravel from the last few years.

Just blindly trust in your rulers, all will be well. Don't worry, they're not trying to deliberately terrify the public, make a killing selling vaccines or ignoring all their own rules to party while laughing at us. And that virus was natural, the fact that it emerged in a town where a lab was deliberately engineering bat covid viruses to make them spread to humans was entirely coincidental. Obey your masters, don't dare to use your own brain.

Cynicism is the healthy mindset.

The alert system has existed for years. But why does it suddenly need testing? Presumably it's already been lab-tested for each phone model. This may well be a way of instilling fear as a means of control for some future event.

It may well backfire, not everyone will know it's a drill so this could cause incidents - e.g. car crashes, industrial accidents etc.

Last edited:
To be enabled by the government...

"A siren-like alert will be sent to mobile phone users across the UK next month to test a new government public warning system"

Or try to 'scare the pants of people' in order to make them comply, as was the case during the 'virus' lockdowns!

But interestingly...

"Phone users will have to acknowledge the alert before they can use other features on their devices"

Sounds like there may another motive for this scare mongering 'test'.
Making a mass shut down of communications possible should there be civil unrest for example?

Are you just making this up, or did you read it on a fake news website?

I guess it could be true, if first you install the Siren-Like Alert App. But why would you do that?

Sponsored Links
Back