Mobile phone 'kill switch'...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be enabled by the government...

"A siren-like alert will be sent to mobile phone users across the UK next month to test a new government public warning system"

Or try to 'scare the pants of people' in order to make them comply, as was the case during the 'virus' lockdowns!

But interestingly...

"Phone users will have to acknowledge the alert before they can use other features on their devices"

Sounds like there may another motive for this scare mongering 'test'.
Making a mass shut down of communications possible should there be civil unrest for example?

Sponsored Links
"People can opt out by searching their device settings for emergency alerts and then turning off severe and extreme ones. "

Nothing to see here...

"A siren-like alert will be sent to mobile phone users across the UK next month to test a new government public warning system"

Or try to 'scare the pants of people' in order to make them comply, as was the case during the 'virus' lockdowns!

But interestingly...

"Phone users will have to acknowledge the alert before they can use other features on their devices"

Sounds like there may another motive for this scare mongering 'test'.
Making a mass shut down of communications possible should there be civil unrest for example?
I bet you use to watch The Outer Limits in the 1960s

Sponsored Links
"People can opt out by searching their device settings for emergency alerts and then turning off severe and extreme ones. "

Nothing to see here...
That'll be why in the Arab spring uprisings people found their mobiles/internet useless then?

Your ignorance must be bliss for you...

Funnily enough there were many calling out 'conspiracy theory' about smart meters having control over usage...

Care to tell us how that's turned out? ;)

That'll be why in the Arab spring uprisings people found their mobiles/internet useless then?

Your ignorance must be bliss for you...

Funnily enough there were many calling out 'conspiracy theory' about smart meters having control over usage...

Care to tell us how that's turned out? ;)
With mobiles/internet/electricity/gas/water/landlines the Whole. Fecking. Lot. can be turned off if desired. What don't you understand about that? A top of the range mobile will be as good as the cheapest PAYG if the system to run it is switched off.

What's your take on the moon landings and shape of the Earth?

I willingly had the 2 covid jabs and the booster. I don't regret any of them and I think that covid deniers are weird.

From what I heard on LBC this afternoon (which may well be incorrect), your phone will be disabled until you acknowledge/read the text message. That, I do have a problem with that. I am not even sure how that would be possible, or whether it would be legal.

Easily achieved already by disabling 4 mobile networks at the source.
Far easier, cheaper and quicker than transmitting codes in an attempt to disable millions of individual devices, plenty of which won't have the feature enabled, others might be out of range, switched off and all the rest.

It's been built into most mobile phones for ever. Other countries have been using it for years. Nothing new here.

"When you hear the air attack warning, you & your family must take cover".

"If your grandmother or any other member of the family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside, but remember to tag them first
for identification purposes."

I mean. WTF.

"When you hear the air attack warning, you & your family must take cover".

"If your grandmother or any other member of the family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside, but remember to tag them first
for identification purposes."

I mean. WTF.
Protect and Survive Dork, Protect and Survive ;)

...page 24

Attachments

• P&S.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Back