modify lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I'm not at all sure what you mean, I'm sorry. Can you rephrase it?

If this is auto, it should go in the car forum...

9 AAA batteries connected in series (positive to negative) = 13.5Volts So when they go down a little, you will still have 12Volts.

A LED from Maplin connected in series with a 340 Ohm resistor will work from a 12Volt supply. Remember the LED will only light up when connected across the battery in the correct direction, so if it doesn't work turn it round in the circuit. Doesn't matter what leg you put the resistor on.

Mursal so have to buy a battery holder for 12 aaa, Ohm resistor and a led and connect them and would work? and how to connect the 12 v battery to the car lock

actually wanted to put in a on/off switch using remote control on the circuit

Sponsored Links
Connect battery pack using the power leads that went to the car?

When do you want the LED to come on, when the unit is switched on, no?

Have you not already got a remote in the kit you gave us the link to?

I would be looking at a zener with resistors or voltage regulator and an op-amp to light LED. PC with electronics workbench is down at moment so not easy to give diagram.

meshlo why not post up what you are trying to achieve?

Running the lock units from standard batteries is going to be fraught with problems as they need a 12 volt supply with a high current ability to make them work.

As above.....there isn't enough kick in AAA batteries to operate the solenoids even once - if thats what you want to do.
John :)

OOI - how long ago did anybody make cars without remote control central locking?

I thought it was for a smooth door conversion

OOI - how long ago did anybody make cars without remote control central locking?
I've got an 02 Fiesta which has no remote locking, although it does have central locking. However, it's a Mark 4 so essentially a '95 model. That's the latest I can come up with...

Sponsored Links
Back