More keeping out of the limelight for the Sussex's

New customer, and a bit of an odd egg. He had all the materials at cost, with zero mark-up. I even passed on the discount I was entitled to, when selling him some bagged sand we had in the lock-up. We buy them at 20 bags a time so get them at roughly half price rate. The customer was confused as to why he paid more when only buying three bags of the same product.
It was nice seeing his surprised look.

Hmm. Sounds like a PITA customer. Must be worth the effort.

Sponsored Links
Hmm. Sounds like a PITA customer. Must be worth the effort.
Yes and no. It's filled a nice gap, which can be an issue between larger jobs. According to the plumber that recommended me to him - 'he's a bit weird, but pays his bills'.
Never gives you a straight answer, rather, leads you into a rambling exhausting and non-pertinent conversation. Knows a little bit about building but not nearly enough. We picked up where another builder chucked in the towel. His outdoors are now safe and useable for his daughters 7th birthday party today.
I don't mind folk and try to bend with the wind. I'm honest and don't tell lies, so that helps.

Sponsored Links
I do. I was referring to myself. (y)

You do realise the irony that your highlighting the Sussex's craving for publicity was the only way some of us were aware of it happening, don't you? ;)

Unless you're some super-duper publicist, with a cunning strategy ;)

You do realise the irony that your highlighting the Sussex's craving for publicity was the only way some of us were aware of it happening, don't you? ;)

I felt I had to 'highlight' it for the benefit of those that missed it. You and Nosey to start with. You’re welcome. (y)

Probably like all the other pale male stale old perv's that can get nowhere near Meghan, and choose to hate her instead. Straight out of the Piers Morgan play-book. If there is one thing right wingers are good at, its hating someone for no reason what so ever.

What gets me about folk like Harry and Meghan (lots like them in the world of showbiz) is why the heck would I listen to anything they choose to pontificate on? What gravitas do they have in these various fields to stand there and lecture the world as if they're some sort of expert?

I don't get it and as I say, I'm not just referring to them.

Yes I understand famous people can shed a light on stuff that might otherwise go largely unnoticed, I'll give them that. However I'd far sooner listen to those who are real experts in whatever field and/or have a 'lived experience' of it as they say.

Lecture lecture lecture, look at how good we are ... right ... we're hopping back on to our private jet back to our multi-million dollar mansion set in x acres of land.

Feck off ...

It says it all about such people (in terms of their genuineness and credibility) that they need a group of 'experts' around them to build their brand, maintain a positive public image etc.

What gravitas do they have in these various fields to stand there and lecture the world as if they're some sort of expert?

They're doing to make money (y)

If it bothers you, take no notice of them.
I had almost forgotten they even existed but, thanks to @Mottie , that has been rectified now (y)

I don't watch breakfast news.
I therefore "missed" it (y)

They're doing to make money (y)

If it bothers you, take no notice of them.
I had almost forgotten they even existed but, thanks to @Mottie , that has been rectified now (y)
It doesn't bother me…..

IMG_3367.gif

Sponsored Links
Back