Most over priced tool

I get the Rutland's mail shots, and they regularly have Japanese saws, planes, chisels and knives costing hundreds of pounds, and I just think "WTF?"

Sponsored Links
Don't forget guys its not about the tool..............its about the Tool holding the tool.

Andy

Sponsored Links
£35 for a plastic skimming trowel seems uneceesarily expensive to me, considering it's just plastic.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/REFINA-PLAZIFLEX-Plastic-Skimming-Trowel/dp/B00I06SNDM
Still not as bad as a Marshalltown pre-worn stainless steel trowel at £48, though, is it? I've worked with one plasterer who was making his own plastic blades for the Refina trowel. He reckoned it was taking him about half an hour to make one but it was only the blade, not the flexible backing piece

The worth/justification of many of these tools is down to who uses them. Woody's £250 combi square would obviously be OTT for a carpenter, but for an engineering machinist it's a different situation. Similarly a Festool plunge saw is probably OTT for a DIYer whereas for an interior fit-out joiner it's a must have tool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back