motion detectors for lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i'm new to this site and would like some help please.
1 I wish to have my bathroom lights to come on and off as I enter or leave rather than have a switch ( motion detectors)
2. I have a large workshop 16 x 36 watt tubes ( 2 to each fitting) no windows so it's dark so would like the same set up as the bathroom.
I keep leaving lights on so I think this could save some money
hope someone can give advice please

Sponsored Links
motion sensors are all good and well in an environment with a lot of traffic in normal use, but if you go for a soak in the tub, the lights will go out after a few mins if you don't move.. or if you're a "sit down reader" like me..
the workshop being fairly large would require several pir's linked in parallel..

Hi ,many thanks for your quick reply.Never thought of that problem regarding the bathroom.
Workshop would that be easy for me to do ?

I'd advise against doing that in a workshop - should the lights go out when you are using a power tool the consequences might be dire.

Sponsored Links
hi, manythanks for your replies
Can you suggest any idears that would sought my problem out?
There are times when the workshop is used for a few hours then I am out for a few but I forget the lights are on and the fact that i cannot see it from the house they are on all night long

I have the lights in my garage linked to the alarm, so when you set the alarm as you leave, it switches the lights off for you. :)

My kids are not capable of switching lights off- even when I withdraw priveages etc

I put in a 360 PIR (Timeguard SLFM360 ). There is still the pull switch for the lights that bypasses the PIR - for bath time etc., the bathroom pull cord has been cut vey short to make it only reached by adults

Since it has been installed I have not had to switch the bathroom lights off after the kids. Wish I had bought it years ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back