(Motor mower) Next little project for advice

NOt sure what you mean with the wing nut.
I am to drill a hole through the bullet & replace it with a nut/bolt.
I will be able to operate the lever anytime & the bolt will pass into the hole.

Sponsored Links
I see, you are just making the peg longer by using a bolt.....that's fair enough. I was under the impression you were just locking the deck at a fixed height.
John :)

Correct & now done.
Checked the oil & a little low,i assume this is what i burnt off in the muffler.
No smoke now & oil at correct level.

Can you give me some advice about using the self propell.
When the lever is not engaged so mower is stationary i assume its ok to push/pull the mower.

I have now located a replacement air filer/housing & also a new throttle lever assembly etc all for £20 including postage.

Once i fit the air filter & its housing i will then be able to correctly see how it runs as at present with no filter/housing it must be running way out of spec etc

Yes it is possible to move the mower in the way you say, although some makes are more stubborn than others!
An important thing to do is to remove the rear wheels, one at a time, and inspect the mechanism within the smaller drive pinion that connects to the axle.....it needs to be cleaned and greased.
Warning though, there will likely be a driving pin inside there which floats....if it is shaped then observe and replace it as it was. This forms a type of differential drive to the wheels and it is important.
Watch out for any washers or shims that are in there, and clean any gear teeth.

Sponsored Links
I need to locate a cover which I took off to put the belt on.
There were two of them but the one supplied was broken.

These engines and decks etc must be similar to others so do you recognise it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi
New universal throttle lever / cable arrived today, now fitted & fine.

Now awaiting a used air filter housing / filter & im done.

I had to contact NGK who told me that it is a Honda engine in it.

It doesn't look look any Honda engine I’m familiar with, but what do I know.....a typical NGK plug would be BPR6ES.

Is there a way or something I need to look at to make the self propell speed quicker.
Remember at present there is no air filter or filter housing connected at present. So I have a breather pipe also just hanging there at present so not sure if this has any impact on this.

When throttle is applied the revs come up & I grip the bar, self propell now working and we are walking across the lawn. To a point I notice a small difference in speed when throttle given a little more of a squeeze but overall I walk faster with my push along mower.

The propelled speed is completely governed by the engine speed, so it would have to rev higher to mow quicker.
It could be possible by carefully bending one of the brackets that the governor springs connect to, but first Id make sure the engine is getting full throttle.
On your bottom pic you can see where the throttle cable is clamped......moving the outer cable back a bit often helps.
The abscence of an air cleaner or breather hose connection won’t affect anything.

This morning I fitted the new throttle / cable so maybe it's not quite correct.
The photo supplied is just a copy of the same one the other day so the Newley fitted cables position is now different.
So looking at the photo & with the throttle cable removed I can hold the metal plate show by b,ack arrow and move it in the direction of the blue arrow.
Now the revs come up quite a bit.
I then fit the cable and use the throttle, I would say that I don't quite get the same level of revs.
From memory this morning I think when using the throttle let's say 80% I noticed the revs increasing but then the last 20% throttle travel movement had no affect to the revs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 61
You see how the throttle cable outer is clamped? Slacken the clamp and move the outer back in the direction of the blue arrow.....that should help reach maximum rpm. If you overdo it, the choke will come on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back