Mould between the bathroom tiles

HG mould spray is very good.
Has a strong smell though!

Sponsored Links
Quite a few folk would look at you in puzzlement and/or roll their eyes when you mention things like ventilation and wiping down bathroom walls after a shower. Landlords usually have at least one story of a tenant who complains about damp and mould when there are no issues whatsoever with the property itself.

Do you vent the place? Emmmmmm ...
Do you wipe down walls? Emmmmm ...
Do you think the mould on the wall might be due to that old mattress you've had propped up there for months? Emmmmm ...

Lived in a house once that had this problem. All solutions were only temporary as there was no window for natural air circulation. Leaving the bathroom door open as much as possible helped. In the end I got rd rid of the tiles and stuck that plastic wallboard on the walls. Then it was easy enough to just run a squeegy wiper blade thingy over it and dry in a second. Something worth considering for the long term as theres some lovely designs.

Sponsored Links
Quite a few folk would look at you in puzzlement and/or roll their eyes when you mention things like ventilation and wiping down bathroom walls after a shower. Landlords usually have at least one story of a tenant who complains about damp and mould when there are no issues whatsoever with the property itself.

Do you vent the place? Emmmmmm ...
Do you wipe down walls? Emmmmm ...
Do you think the mould on the wall might be due to that old mattress you've had propped up there for months? Emmmmm ...
I've found it isn't necessary to wipe down the tiles after a shower as it just runs off Raku tiles and leaves them dry - Dampstop lining seems to be keeping the wallpaper dry-ish too, as before the painted wall surface would run with moisture. An Aquaseal membrane behind the tiles will, i hope, make sure the wall stays dry and a waterproof grout will seal the join for years ahead. Air vent and an open window helps, of course, but the only surface i need to wipe down is the shower screen and squishing excess water out of the bath with a squeegee.
The shower area used to be rabid with mould and the only cure was to completely re-render the wall, tank it, tile it tight and seal the sucker til it squeaked.

Another vote for detol mold and mildew remover but also keep a window squeegee in there and a quick wipe down with that walls and glass and tray after a shower will give the cubical a head start in drying out and helps keep the glass clear of soap marks too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back