Mould On Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have lived in my home for approx 5 years now & mould on the master bedroom ceilnig has slowly increased. I am trying to work out the cause & as such attach a picture of the setup & describe below.

My home has low evaes meaning that the ceilings upstairs are all curved where they meet the exterior walls.It is this curved area in the master bedroom that is mouldy & it is only this room. Please note that this room is north facing - if this has an impact.

My loft is fully insulated/lagged with the exception of the void area where the roof & ceiling are only approx 1 foot apart; this area is too tight for anyone to get into & you can just see the back of the fascia boards using a touch and looking down. Is this area meant to be lagged; as this is the area above the section of ceiling becoming mouldy?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
There are approximately one million posts about this specific subject, on this very forum.

Remove plasterboard from the raked (slopey bit) ceiling.

Increase rafter depth if necessary.

Insert 100mm celotex between rafters leaving a 25-50mm air gap above rafters and below roof tiles or membrane.

Fix 62.5mm pre-insulated plasterboards to rafters - or fix 50mm double foil celotex insulation, foil tape all joints then fix 12.5mm foil back plasterboards on top.

Skim affected area.

Hi There

Many thanks for the reply and information. I was just wondering why this seems to only be an issue in this one room? Even my bathroom does not suffer?

Thanks
Graham

Hi There

Many thanks for the reply and information. I was just wondering why this seems to only be an issue in this one room?
Geographical elevation location plays a part i.e. NSEW.

One room may be better vented than another or just draftier.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back