Moved keypad, now can't login to smartcomm and no Eng code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So in my infinite wisdom I decided to move my premier elite 24 keypad to under the stairs closer to the main box.
got everything working as expected but now smart comm isn't being detected so I can't get back in via Wintex to confirm.
Even worse, my installer doesn't know the engineering code he set 3 years ago...

I have Wintex installed and smart comm, I do have full logs from few weeks ago and can see eng and master accounts exist, but no idea on the codes.

I suppose my first task is to get smatcomm back online and then I can reset the eng code.
the smartcomm is hardwired into a switch, but no data being received for some reason.

Would a usb-to-comm cable help here? (JAC-0001)

I tried this but it didn't help :(

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can default the master code and engineer code via down powering alarm and press default button. Suggest you check and read installation manual first, if unsure what to do.
This will revert master code and engineer code back to factory set.
If your panel is engineer locked then this will not default engineer code.

Sponsored Links
You can default the master code and engineer code via down powering alarm and press default button. Suggest you check and read installation manual first, if unsure what to do.
This will revert master code and engineer code back to factory set.
If your panel is engineer locked then this will not default engineer code.
How would I tell if engineer is locked or NVM? (Is that what you mean?)

Defaulting user code and engineer code will only change these code and keep all programming.
When you default codes and the engineer code does not revert to factory default ,then the engineer code is locked.

If you have wintex …click on the user or engineer to see the code
It just says **** from the last time I accessed it. I obviously cannot re-connect to the main panel as smartcom isn’t being detected.

Defaulting user code and engineer code will only change these code and keep all programming.
When you default codes and the engineer code does not revert to factory default ,then the engineer code is locked.
Can you give me more info on this please.

So disconnect the battery, disconnect the mains. Connect the mains and hold down the default button (for 5 seconds?). This will reset the engineer code and user codes but will still maintain all the programming and settings?

I’m guessing I’d still need a programming cable or to manually commission the alarm afterwards? As I wouldn’t be able to collect via smartcom or are you saying I can then try the default engineer code to finish confirming devices

Wintex doesn’t show the user codes unless it’s been set up to do so.

Powering up and pressing load default will default entire panel, believe Texecom have a YouTube channel covering this process.

If the nvm is locked there is someone on eBay offering an unlock service.

Wintex doesn’t show the user codes unless it’s been set up to do so.

Powering up and pressing load default will default entire panel, believe Texecom have a YouTube channel covering this process.

If the nvm is locked there is someone on eBay offering an unlock service.
ah I assumed this, if I connect via USB-COM will I be able to change the engineer code / confirm devices without factory defaulting everything?

Last edited:
The usb com cable has nothing to do with changing the codes see Texecom You tube channel

The usb com cable has nothing to do with changing the codes see Texecom You tube channel
I’ve seen their YouTube channel on how to factory reset the panel. If I do this though I’ll have to get the installer back out as I don’t know how he set it up or programme it.

What I mean is if I connect via the cable to wintex (and not smartcom as it’s not working) I can manually change the engineers code by going into users can’t I?
If I connect via cable can I backup settings/ programs/ outputs etc to apply after factory resetting everything?

Open smart com silence tamper with user code.

Unplug the the lead to the smart com that’s for power wait 29 seconds re plug it back in put the lid on and wait for it to go through the the cycle of flashing lights in few minutes you should have two lights on solid.

Then retry connecting wintex via smart com.

Is wintex up to date?

We not a valid engineers code will be able to change the engineers code normal users can’t change the engineers code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back