Moved to a new home and I have a radiator issue!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved to the new house. The kitchen is heated by a single radiator. The issue is it doesn't get as hot as the other radiators it's more than luke warm but not really hot.

All the other radiators are fine and I've bled the radiators.

Any ideas? Here's the picture if the radiator valves. The thermostat on the right is turned up to max. I wondered if I needed to open it up for more water. My old radiators had a bit that stuck out and when you turned it with pliers you could control how much water entered. I thought this one might have the same and even tries turning the bit on the left but it doesn't move. Strangely on most of the other radiators the hole with the metal bit in is filled in with some kind of filler.

image_zps8f80f7a1.jpg

image_zps3bbcdd5f.jpg

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll try the Allan key. I've taken the thermostat off and the pin is up but seems stuck but then up is the max heat setting I belive?

Sponsored Links
Okay the thermostat seems okay the pin is the distance up as the other radiators and goes down when pressed.

I've turn the other valve with the Allan key and it's now turned anti clockwise to the max so it's up.

However no joy. It's odd it very slowly warms but by that time all the other radiators have get really hot. It seems to fill really slowly with the hot water which implies to me that bit much is getting in...

Also the left hand valve is cold where as it's really hot on the other radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back