Moving boiler cost?

Give the OP says break. She asked a simple question, and the job itself is not difficult. The biggest problem will.be the lintel restriction, as pointed out. The fact that the original install is rough is besides the point.
As for Tony knowing the OP had a budget of £50, I assume he has polished his balls again

Op: Your probably cant go much higher and if the flue gets damaged you will have problems.

So would would you move the boiler and refit using the existing methods as seen?

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry but thats pretty shocking tbh well actually fooking shocking ;) , more hassle than its worth to gain such a little space , anyway ill start the bid ill start at £1000 ;) interested, please please :sneaky:

OP, the real question is if the lintel over the window will limit the location of the flue.

It is out of sight and worse there is no standard dimension for the overlap at the sides. That is normally 150 mm minimum.

But the boiler flue should not be closer than 300 mm from the window opening. It is not clear from your photos what that is in your case.

If there really is a clear 300 mm to the window opening then there should be enough distance to place the flue hole beside the lintel.

Lintels can be made of reinforced concrete or steel.

So many unknowns.

So the cost of raising the boiler is not going to be £50 but several hundred and may be limited by the lintel.

It is your judgement what it is worth to you.

Your flue has not been cut off as a good installer would always do. Correcting that will make it look a lot better.

Tony

Last edited:
But the boiler flue should not be closer than 300 mm from the window opening. It is not clear from your photos what that is in your case.
Have another look from inside I would think it's 300mm

Sponsored Links
read your installation and servicing instructions for your boiler, they should state how far from your boiler connections must be copper before you can use PE fittings , would very much doubt if yours will conform , it is usually a minimum of 600mm, this includes fittings not just pipe, your installation is very poor

I often see installations like that in rented property in London.

Even worse, a trainee of mine left his flue uncut and used T&E mains wiring cable for the supply to a boiler in his own flat!

I often see installations like that in rented property in London.

Even worse, a trainee of mine left his flue uncut and used T&E mains wiring cable for the supply to a boiler in his own flat!
Tony I was an instructor in a training school for one of the big six and you have had more trainees than me :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back