Moving electric car chargepoint to new house

Not really. I'm sure the gist of the meaning of my tongue-in-cheek 'throwaway comment' will be apparent to almost everyone.

Sponsored Links
Maybe - but although I can see your picture. clicking on it does nothing for me, and nor is there anything else to click on.

Kind Regards, John
Thats because i don't know how to do the clicky thing and don't worry about explaining how to do it :)

Thats because i don't know how to do the clicky thing and don't worry about explaining how to do it :)
I'm not sure what you mean, so can't 'explain how to do it' :) . You know how to 'click' (with your mouse) - but, as I said, there was nothing in your post to click on (well, nothing that did anything when one clicked on it).

Kind Regards, John

(well, nothing that did anything when one clicked on it).

Kind Regards, John
Thats what I cannot do, the link thing,
You know where they post a picture and when you click on the picture it takes you to the website,
Thats what I wrongly thought that the op may have been expecting.
Never mind :)

Sponsored Links
Thats what I cannot do, the link thing, ... You know where they post a picture and when you click on the picture it takes you to the website,...
Fair enough - but, as I said, there was nothing in your post (including the picture' which did anything, or 'took one anywhere', when one clicked on it. Just one of life's mysteries, I suppose - but, as I said, a change for it to happen to someone other than me!

Kind Regards, John

So, if I were to choose not to just leave the plastic box there and put a blanking plate in (I don't want to give the buyer anything to complain about), if I were to replace the box with an identical up/down PIR wall light, would there be any problem with this light being on its own MCB in the consumer unit, and not part of the lighting circuit?

There might be a problem getting the conductors into the terminals of the light, but it would be utterly pointless.

The buyer has agreed that you can take the charging point. As long as you leave any remaining wiring safe then he cannot possibly have anything to complain about.

Do you have either his explicit agreement in writing or a written statement from you saying you were going to take it and which he did not oppose?

I added the electric car chargepoint to section 11 of the TA10 "Fixtures and Fittings" form that the solicitor sent. (On this a house seller states whether various fixtures and fittings are included or excluded in the sale). I added it to this and said it was excluded, so the buyer's solicitor and the buyers themselves will have seen it and haven't raised any objection.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/documents/TA10-form-specimen/

PS: BAS - couldn't agree more with your signature

Then just take it, and leave what remains safe. A blanking plug in the junction box will be fine.

Ok, so decided to go for the option of replacing the charger with a similar outdoor socket from the same manufacturer. Mostly as the buyer’s solicitor was demanding we “make good any damage done by removing the charger to the buyers standards”. Lawyers eh?

Side by side:

4CDC9FFB-0502-4061-A6DF-4F9F4F90F7DA.jpeg

So, swapped it over today.

Old:

BF04F9B1-D0B9-47F6-9D8E-893722A634B0.jpeg
DCE9CD79-C8DF-4E8C-A3DC-24DAB0E28D68.jpeg

New:

3CB5F6BF-CC1F-4764-A460-4A2954933D29.jpeg 31DA3B29-45AD-4FE2-9324-367FDC329D4A.jpeg A9E03B93-F601-45EF-BE73-A6F66BE371C4.jpeg

Am I right in thinking I needed to keep the existing earth arrangement (separate earth rod) to avoid it being notifiable?

Cheers

Ok, so decided to go for the option of replacing the charger with a similar outdoor socket from the same manufacturer. Mostly as the buyer’s solicitor was demanding we “make good any damage done by removing the charger to the buyers standards”. Lawyers eh?
You should at least have upped your buyer's legal costs by writing to his solicitor asking for a written specification for the standards you had to adhere to.

{various photos}
Sorry, garm, no offence but you really haven't been very good at thinking this through.

a) remove the charger, junction box, all wiring and the 40A mcb from CU. But this will leave a huge hole in wall where cable came through from the CU.

The "huge hole in the wall" is not behind the charging socket!

You could have just removed that and "made good" by inserting a S/S screw into each of the 4 holes in the brickwork!

Am I right in thinking I needed to keep the existing earth arrangement (separate earth rod) to avoid it being notifiable?
Just connect the b****y socket to the b****y cable already there and move out, before you worry yourself to death,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back