Moving the main supply cable

The fuse was at least 200 amps which meant about 50 kW of heat being generated in the arc at the end of the cable
More, I expect - don't know what type of fuse it was, but looking at Table 3A3(a) a 200A BS88 will pass 4-500A for 10 minutes.

And a stick of dynamite contains just under 0.3kWh. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I'm not electrician and this could be extremely dangerous and so im in no way advising that this is done.....

But as I see it.... Would it be safe to disconnect the tails whilst everything else is still connected. Then unscrewing the wooden board from the wall, moving everything in place and then getting the electrician to also move the CU and extend any cables.....?

Not something you should ever consider on a PILC supply cable.

Sounds grim. My electrician must have known what he was looking at. Our cable was an overhead feed and looked more like the SWA I have running down the garden fence.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back