Multi culturism... what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this report he quoted Swedish, I think it was,
It wasn't but that didn't stop you from re-posting your propaganda.
Perhaps if you read the posts properly next time it'll stop you demonstrating that you don't read too well and making a fool of yourself.

Sponsored Links
Young Swedish females are having to dye their blonde hair a dark colour in an attempt to avoid being raped, but it won’t be long before they will have to wear the hijab closely followed by the burka.
poor old DRM has taken to making up lurid stories. I suppose he's trying to stir up racial hatred.

You couldn't make it up!

Alas, he did!

Perhaps if you read the posts properly next time it'll stop you demonstrating that you don't read too well and making a fool of yourself.

The Swedish Equality Ombudsman says that racism "originally is a word that describes the division of people in a "race system"( like Apartheid) where certain races are biologically subordinated others. Today we talk more about culture racism - the notion that cultures are absolute, unchangeable and define the individual's characteristics."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_racism

It would appear to be a Swede who is trying to redefine racism.

For what reason or purpose; I leave you to decide.

Religious hate, tribalism and racism are the most common forms of cultural discrimination.
Can't resist this one.
So, now - Racism is ONE form of cultural discrimination - therefore religious hate and tribalism are NOT racism.
Racism is one of the common forms of cultural discrimination. The quote makes it obvious that there are other forms not mentioned.
It's only your interpretation that suggests that religious hate and tribalism is not racism.
No it isn't. That's what it says.
Please show me where it says that religious hate and tribalism is not racism. Here's the original quote for you to reference:
Cultural discrimination refers to exclusion, restriction or hate that is directed at a person or a group on the basis of perceived or real differences in cultural values and beliefs. UNESCO indicates that discrimination can be direct or indirect and often leads to harassment or denial of basic rights. Religious hate, tribalism and racism are the most common forms of cultural discrimination.
It says that these types of prejudice are typical forms of cultural discrimination. It does not exclude religious hatred and tribalism from being cultural racism.
It would seem the report contradicts itself.
The first mention of "Cultural Discrimination" was yours, post number 50 timed at 6.48 PM yesterday:
You are all forgetting that Himmy thinks(term used loosely) 'racist' means anything he has read anywhere that it means.

A report translated from a foreign language says that "we" now class cultural discrimination as racism.

With that logic, Himmy may be justified in calling you racist because you don't like someone with brown hair.
My first use of it was the post immediately following yours, post number 51, timed at 6.59 PM yesterday.
So, 1. your denial and claim is patently wrong, 2. your claim that the report contradicts itself is now a fallacious claim, and 3. your original assertion in your comment was obviously your twisted logic.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
God god, this looks contorted:
Cultural discrimination is an act of discrimination based on perceived cultural differences.
Yes, separate differences not all based on race.
You're making it contorted, possibly in order to muddy the water in your attempt to regain some credibility.
You agree now that "racism" need not be biologically based, i.e. on race, but can be "cultural racism" based on culture?
It would help if you state your argument clearly and explicitly because you're dodging and weaving again.
What is your argument?
My argument is contained in the sentence above, reprinted for your perusal: "that "racism" need not be biologically based, i.e. on race, but can be "cultural racism" based on culture?"
I do go further with my argument and argue that those who try to argue that there is no such thing as "cultural racism" are closet racists, who are using that argument to justify their prejudice based on culture.
(Please note that I am not arguing that all those who disagree with my argument are closet racists, only those that use the argument to excuse their prejudice.)
_________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Racism is an example of cultural discrimination,
Yes, but not all CD is based on race. Can you not see a link between racism and race?
I never suggested it was, indeed my argument is that cultural racism is not based on biological differences!
But cultural discrimination, which you introduced into the argument for spurious reasons, could be considered as a product of cultural racism, a manifestation of cultural racism, if you like. It would have nothing or little to do with biological differences based on race.

i.e the cultural racism causes the cultural discrimination,
What is cultural racism when race is not involved.
Can you have cultural racism between the same races? No. It's either cultural discrimination based on culture or racism based on race.
So your argument is that cultural racism is a non-entity, despite the fact that UN, scientific bodies and at least one government organisation use it?
I repeat the quote again:
Cultural racism is a term used in scientific research to describe a specific type of racism which developed from the generally known form of racism, which is "biological racism". "Cultural racism" is used by the UN, the Swedish Equality Ombudsman and in the scientific world to describe some racist ideologies, ideas, reasoning, arguments, and notions
I ask again, what is your professional qualifications or experience to suggest that we should accept your proposal instead of other professional organisations?
____________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Cultural racism is a type of racism based on perceived cultural differences.
No. That would be cultural discrimination based on culture.
It may be between the same race? Spot the flaw?
So you again deny the existence of cultural racism? This is becoming a bit like you're trying desperately to excuse racism because it can't be racism because it's based on culture, despite various professional organisations recognising it as a prejudice in today's society.

Last edited:
It may not be an action, but a perception or belief.
I'll agree with that.
Discrimination is an action.
Racism is a prejudice.
For instance you could be prosecuted for discrimination. You can't be prosecuted for racism. You can be prosecuted if that racism gives rise to another illegal or unlawful action.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Discrimination is an act of discrimination.
What if someone only believes it was discrimination. I.e. it actually wasn't.
This is a pointless avenue to progress the argument. It has no relevance because we are not talking about a specific case of discrimination.
But I understand why you want to go there.
___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
Cultural racism can give rise to cultural discrimination.
Cultural discrimination can be caused by cultural racism.
There is no need to call it cultural racism in either of those statements and it would still be true.
Racism is racism when based on race. Spot the link?
Is this is another of your "cultural racism cannot exist because....... despite it being a prejudice .....etc, etc.

It's common sense really.
rofl-3g.gif

How do you know?
I'd post a picture of your barrel, but I can't be bothered to make pointless gestures.
________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________
You're just waffling,
Yes, that was me that was.
dodging and weaving hoping to regain some semblance of credibility.
Spot the irony?
Why not propose your argument precisely and exactly so we know what you are trying to prove. Rather than your attempts to confuse. You're only confusing yourself.
____________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

If a Swedish article, supported by UN and other scientific bodies argued a certain argument, and it coincided with my social awareness, I'd be tempted to accept it. Wouldn't you?
Not if I believed the intention was to stifle legitimate protest by branding the protesters with a description for which there is no defence.
Is this another of your "cultural racism" does not exist?
Why do you protest so much?
__________________________________________________________________________________

I suppose you'd question the words?
If they used them wrongly, yes.
Quite rightly, but the words that I'm using are regularly used and in the same context as UN, scientific bodies, government organisations, etc.
______________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know why you are so argumentative when you seem to accept everything the authorities say without question.
Strawman argument.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Do you remember when cholera was airborne? - so said the experts - and they weren't even trying to hoodwink the public.
Strawman argument and totally irrelevant.

The Swedish Equality Ombudsman says that racism "originally is a word that describes the division of people in a "race system"( like Apartheid) where certain races are biologically subordinated others. Today we talk more about culture racism - the notion that cultures are absolute, unchangeable and define the individual's characteristics."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_racism

It would appear to be a Swede who is trying to redefine racism.

For what reason or purpose; I leave you to decide.
The report presented by sooey does not mention racism or discrimination. So how can it attempt to redefine it?
Yours was a patently incorrect and unsupportable comment designed for what purpose? I'll give you the opportunity to explain yourself.
Is this another example of your confusion tactics?

Last edited:
Young Swedish females are having to dye their blonde hair a dark colour in an attempt to avoid being raped, but it won’t be long before they will have to wear the hijab closely followed by the burka.
poor old DRM has taken to making up lurid stories. I suppose he's trying to stir up racial hatred.
Sadly, he's doing a good job on this site because all the resident racists will believe it hook, line and stinker. It'll serve to reinforce their prejudice.

I'm surprised you get time to sign on what with all the typing you do Himmi :p
I'm a cut and paste artist. Did you not get the message? :p
I'm surprised you get the time to sign on, wasting all that time thinking up useless comments. :p

You couldn't make it up!

Alas, he did!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, some people can't handle the truth!

Please show me where it says that religious hate and tribalism is not racism. Here's the original quote for you to reference:
Cultural discrimination refers to exclusion, restriction or hate that is directed at a person or a group on the basis of perceived or real differences in cultural values and beliefs. UNESCO indicates that discrimination can be direct or indirect and often leads to harassment or denial of basic rights. Religious hate, tribalism and racism are the most common forms of cultural discrimination.
Oh come on Himmy.
"Religious hate, tribalism and racism are the most common forms of cultural discrimination."
Digestives, Custard Creams and Ginger Nuts are the most common forms of Biscuits.
So, are Digestives and Custard Creams Ginger nuts?

It says that these types of prejudice are typical forms of cultural discrimination. It does not exclude religious hatred and tribalism from being cultural racism.
Where does it say that?
What is Cultural Racism?

It would seem the report contradicts itself.
The first mention of "Cultural Discrimination" was yours, post number 50 timed at 6.48 PM yesterday:
You are all forgetting that Himmy thinks(term used loosely) 'racist' means anything he has read anywhere that it means.

A report translated from a foreign language says that "we" now class cultural discrimination as racism.

With that logic, Himmy may be justified in calling you racist because you don't like someone with brown hair.
My first use of it was the post immediately following yours, post number 51, timed at 6.59 PM yesterday.
So, 1. your denial and claim is patently wrong, 2. your claim that the report contradicts itself is now a fallacious claim, and 3. your original assertion in your comment was obviously your twisted logic.
So, where did the quote "Religious hate, tribalism and racism are the most common forms of cultural discrimination." come from?

Himmy, I will admit I cannot keep up with your posts.

I am just here doing the equivalent of a discussion in the pub whereas you seem to have an indexed reference to everything that has come before.

You post something which I think is not quite right and necessitates looking back over now 89 posts and involves clearing up what is a misinterpretation on your part before being able to answer the point.

I note one of your very long posts, no. 83, was posted ONE minute after the previous post and posts 79 to 83 are TWO minutes apart.

I'm not going to bother reading them.

If you want to consider that a win on your part, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back