Multiple led recessed lights to rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Have a ceiling rose in the middle of my room. Could this be used to run several led spotlights off all to the same switch?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes.

But IMO you should at least think about whether the fact that you need to replace one light with several might indicate that the new ones are not very good at doing the job of lighting up rooms.

Then there's the installation hassles of cabling them all up - what's above the room?

Easy to lift the floor?

Keep all the plasterboard circles, BTW - if you decide afterwards that you don't like it you might be able to repair rather than replace the cieling.

Sponsored Links
I thought so.
Then you’ll need to decide how you are going to engineer/locate a new junction box, in the ceiling void that will accommodate all of the cables that are in the Rose. There will probably be at least 9 wires, plus the ones for your torchlights.
The JB will have to be maintenance free as you won’t be able to access it later…

This is a really simple way to do it if you have access to hide this in a void somewhere.....
https://www.screwfix.com/p/surewire-sw7m-mf-16a-7-way-pre-wired-junction-box-white/4413j
No - it's not a BS 5733 MF junction box.

Plus the maker thinks this is what you need to know about how it is wired:

upload_2018-8-31_23-3-46.png

Bunch of clowns.

Who said anything about it being MF?
As per lots of threads on here, everyone's interpretation is different of what exactly is accessible and therefore does it need to be MF. No idea what the OPs situation is.
But yes, agreed, i don't think it's 5733 compliant. Although from what I can see it complies with everything for 5733.
In all honesty, if the OP does the work himself, 5733 is neither here nor there.

Who said anything about it being MF?
For what it's worth, Mr Screwfix said it, and some may have taken the product nymber (SW7M-MF) as to imply that it was 'MF'.
Screwfix (per the posted link) said:
Pre-wired, maintenance-free, light and switch junction box. ....

But yes, agreed, i don't think it's 5733 compliant. Although from what I can see it complies with everything for 5733.
Agreed on both points.

Kind Regards, John

How can you both agree on the second point hen you can both see that it does not comply with everything for BS 5733?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back