1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple switches from a fused spur

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by Jitno123, 18 Apr 2018.

1. Jitno123

Jitno123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Quick electrical question

I currently have a floodlight outside wired into a fused spur which has been taken from a socket many years ago. I've recently had two more flood lights added (mrs not me!!), everything on LED so not an issue with load. When the builder put the lights up he ran separate cables back to this fused spur and has left it to the electrician to sort out. My question is; Is it possible to have a 3 gang switch from the fused spur? If so how is this done? As i dont want to run all 3 simultaneously.

Thanks a lot

2. JohnW2

JohnW2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes.
    Essentially in exactly the same way as if there were three separate switches. The electrician will have no problem doing that.

Kind Regards, John

3. securespark

securespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When he comes back off holiday!

• Like Like x 1
  4. yorkspark

yorkspark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Should of thought of that before you got a “builder” to do an electricians job! This is a simple task for a competent sparky

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local