My daily heating routine

I e reduced out heating this year from 21 degrees to 20, it's quite surprising how much less gas that 1 degree uses.

The heating is set for 6am and 8am , then during the day heating is set to 16 degrees, then at 4.30 till 9 it's set back to 20 degrees.

Weekends are set the same,

I work from home a couple of days a week and if I put a hoody on and put the hood over my head it's not uncomfortable.

Sponsored Links
I'm "an old person" and my heating is on all day. Massive pollution going out of my boiler exhaust chimney and condensate all over. Do I care? Not one jot. I go out most days in my highly polluting petrol driven car and have absolutley no intention of going electric, in fact I am awaiting the delivery of a brand new highly polluting petrol driven car. If I can't pay on the day I will cross that bridge when I get there. Bloody snowflakes.

I'm "an old person" and my heating is on all day. Massive pollution going out of my boiler exhaust chimney and condensate all over. Do I care? Not one jot. I go out most days in my highly polluting petrol driven car and have absolutley no intention of going electric, in fact I am awaiting the delivery of a brand new highly polluting petrol driven car. If I can't pay on the day I will cross that bridge when I get there. Bloody snowflakes.
OK Boomer

Brief update on this as I know you're all very interested ;)

I've now introduced a MTB into my routine, Midday Temperature Boost. Heating on at 11.30, off at 13.00. In terms of my sealed unit (lounge/diner with doors to hall and kitchen closed) this small boost raises the temp to a reasonable level for a while at least and makes a difference when compared to not putting it on at all until 17.00 - 17.30.

Sponsored Links
New heating regime - leave it on.

My heating is on full bore at present. Having a birthday party tonight for our eldest's' 21st. Wouldn't want the guests getting cold. Went to view a used car earlier and the reception room heating was broken. It was like sitting in a fridge. After about 40 minutes the cold had set into my core (bones). I could not get warm for the rest of the day. I'm just starting to thaw out now after a long hot shower. Apparently, not only was the heating broken yesterday, but the air con' was stuck on cold. :confused:

Back