My Daughter got a first!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My beautiful daughter (no2) got a first in her degree today & I am chuffed & absolutely over the moon & possibly slightly piffed.

Sponsored Links
19-congratulations.gif

Sponsored Links
How do you know this? My daughter has a 'provisional' First with Honours but it has to go past a second marker before it's official, who has the authority to deduct a percentage if they feel it's not up to scratch. We'll celebrate AFTER it's official in July. She's on target for an 'easy first' anyway with a median score of 75%. (You need 69.3 for a first).

What?? I know my daughter got a first because she told me so & her university told her. If you are in any doubt, you self righteous prick, then when she gets her degree I'll post a copy of it on here & then come round your house & stick it up your arse.

What?? I know my daughter got a first because she told me so & her university told her. If you are in any doubt, you self righteous p***k, then when she gets her degree I'll post a copy of it on here & then come round your house & stick it up your a**e.

Congratulations. What subject?

And Joe, that's protocol for most universities. I've never heard of anyone being given a provisional classification and it subsequently being changed following the second marker's actions. Also, what university is your daughter at? It's usually 70% for a First. And median scores don't mean much; you know that!

What?? I know my daughter got a first because she told me so & her university told her. If you are in any doubt, you self righteous p***k, then when she gets her degree I'll post a copy of it on here & then come round your house & stick it up your a**e.

don't worry about Joe-90... he's not really with it, and normally sits in the corner minding his own business.... maybe it was the pineapple that made him react in that way..... i'll get the nurse to up his medication.... sorry again!! and congrats on bringing up such a special daughter !!

ROFLMFAO

That reply deserves a first on its own merit.

The results aren't out yet. Simple as that. Most degrees around the 70% mark are downgraded. It's a fact. Live with it. They are second marked by an independent adjudicator. When the results are out - they are out for everyone. They aren't out yet. No-one has got their results. No-one can claim to have a first - because the results haven't been released yet. They haven't been reviewed by the second adjudicator. Am I getting through to you yet? SHE HASN'T GOT A FIRST AS THE RESULTS AREN'T OUT YET.

The results aren't out yet. Simple as that. Most degrees around the 70% mark are downgraded. It's a fact. Live with it. They are second marked by an independent adjudicator. When the results are out - they are out for everyone. They aren't out yet. No-one has got their results. No-one can claim to have a first - because the results haven't been released yet. They haven't been reviewed by the second adjudicator. Am I getting through to you yet? SHE HASN'T GOT A FIRST AS THE RESULTS AREN'T OUT YET.

calm down Joe.... don't pull your catheter out again... we don't want to have to clear that up again now, do we !! :rolleyes:

I think some were out the 7th and 17th of this month.
Depends on the subjects.

Sponsored Links
Back