My gas & electric costs....reasonable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I live in a 3 bed semi in North London. 2 adults, 2 teenage kids. I'm with the lowest cost (apparently) energy supplier, EDF, with their Online Saver 7 tariff which costs £280.00 per month combined.

It strikes me that we're consuming a ridiculous amount of energy. Am I right?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Yes, get an energy meter and watch where it is going.

My neighbour has the same as me and has treble the outgoings. I have checked for her and her heating is on constant all the time. Water on highest settings. No low energy lamps.
Easy to work out.

I noticed a washing machine on standby takes a fair wack of the power so that is off at the spur now when not used.

You should get a free energy meter from your energy supplier.

Hi all,

I live in a 3 bed semi in North London. 2 adults, 2 teenage kids. I'm with the lowest cost (apparently) energy supplier, EDF, with their Online Saver 7 tariff which costs £280.00 per month combined.

Cheers
Daz

£280 per month? if that is correct, It looks pretty expensive to me

I'm with British Gas on their Energy Smart pay monthly, 3 Bed Semi, I average approx £120 per month combined, give and take a few quid either side each month.

It will be a lot less too in the summer.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Cheers
Daz

the blood would drain out off my face if i used that much in the winter quarter lol
3bed terrace 2 people £62 per month

annual consumption 3650kw electric 5461 kw gas

is your payments based on an known annual consumption ??

Consumption is based on real meter readings. EDF don't offer any form of free energy monitors apparently. We do use a lot of electric in the form of a) Tumble dryer, washing machine & dishwasher all used on average 5 times a week each. Plus, TV, a couple of computers, etc.

Perhaps my heating programmer needs adjusting?

£280 per month???????? Are they charging you for supplying next door and the street lights as well? I have a 4-bed detached property, and pay less than £100 per month combined! Something, somewhere is not right.

£280 per month???????? Are they charging you for supplying next door and the street lights as well? I have a 4-bed detached property, and pay less than £100 per month combined! Something, somewhere is not right.

This is what I thought. What can I do?

Get an energy meter.
About £25 quid if your lucky, then compare its readings to you meter.
Check with a neighbour, see what they are "reading".

how long have you lived there
have you a years actual usage figures
have you changed supplier recently and paying more??

Sponsored Links
Back