My indesit W123 keeps filling with wather when turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think whatever tells it there's enough water stopped working.
The washing cycles seem to be working fine. I tried resetting the washing mashine. That didn't fix anything.
Water doesn't overflow, I think the the draining cycle stops that from happening.
If I switch the power off, the water stops going in.
I think something got jammed.
Is it something I can fix ? Could anyone tell me where to look ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Because water stops coming in when you remove power, then the solenoid inlet valve is opening and closing OK.

The water level in a washing machine is controlled by a pressure switch that detects when the water reaches a certain level and operates an integral microswitch. The pressure switch is connected via a rubber / plastic pipe which may have simply come loose, or have a split in it. There is a video here that explains how it works and how to test it. I don't have knowledge of your specific machine, but they are all pretty similar. Hope it helps, if not perhaps someone who knows the W123 will be along shortly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back