My Tits are back!

Sponsored Links
I’ve still got my birdbox camera in bits - trying and failing to get it to connect to the internet.

Sponsored Links
Think I’ve got tits, waiting for an additional cctv camera to arrive to set up monitoring the nest box.

I think my lodger has found new digs, so I've locked him out.
I decided to change the 32mm hole for a 25 mm hole.
20230421_103907.jpg

I think my lodger has found new digs, so I've locked him out.
I decided to change the 32mm hole for a 25 mm hole.
View attachment 301436
That’s what I did with mine to stop the Starlings getting in.
Anyway, good news, I’ve finally got my bird box camera working so it’s back up on the wall waiting for any takers. Feck knows what I did to get it working but it is, so I’m leaving it at that!

49C22C44-CBD0-4F65-BFDA-4C85E1DB76C1.png

I've got another "blue tit box" on my apple tree and sparrows are nesting in it. Bloody squatters.

I've just had a Blue Tit in my box for 2 minutes. The box has been there for months with the 32mm hole and no blue tits, change it to 25mm hole and 3 days later I had a visit.

Still no takers this year so far. Last years residents didn’t move in until May 15th so I still had some hope but that’s all been dashed now with the arrival of the Thames Water contractors who are hammering up my drive and two of my neighbours patios plus driving mini-diggers and dumper trucks all day long to lay new drains which they say will take at least two weeks. I can’t see a bird choosing to settle in that environment. Buggerbumbollocks! :(

Anyone else got any tenants?

There's been nothing in my camera box since my last report on 24th April.
But I still have sparrows in the box on the apple tree and there are blue tits in the box in my front garden only two metres from my windows. Alas, there's no camera in the occupied boxes.

Still no takers this year so far. Last years residents didn’t move in until May 15th so I still had some hope but that’s all been dashed now with the arrival of the Thames Water contractors who are hammering up my drive and two of my neighbours patios plus driving mini-diggers and dumper trucks all day long to lay new drains which they say will take at least two weeks. I can’t see a bird choosing to settle in that environment. Buggerbumbollocks! :(

Anyone else got any tenants?
I was sitting in my van eating my butties today, watching a blackbird flying to and fro from a gap in asbestos cladding on a very noisy metal bashing factory, had a look inside, could hear lots of chirping, also swallows were flying in and out through the roller doors, you never know

False alarm on mine. There is some nest material but no comings and goings. I’m reluctant to disturb it in case I scare them off. Lots of activity at tge feeder, blackbirds, starlings, sparrows, robin, blue tits even seagulls!

Sponsored Links
Back