My Tits are back!

Yes, but I think you can connect to the home Wifi for viewing when you are away from the house. I haven’t a scooby how to do that though!
It's done through the Tapo app, I just followed the instructions.

Sponsored Links
It's done through the Tapo app, I just followed the instructions.
The cameras have wifi and, once on your wifi network you can see them, kind of like you can see your printer and other things on the network.

I have just had aa wee peek in my tit box in the front garden, and there's a bird sitting on chicks which look like they have just hatched. I only had a split second look as I hadn't seen any comings and goings lately and wondered if it had been abandoned.
It's a pity there's not a camera in the box.
After noticing a lack of activity, I had a quick look in yesterday, only to find an empty nest. I missed the money shot, I wanted to see them making their first flight.

After noticing a lack of activity, I had a quick look in yesterday, only to find an empty nest. I missed the money shot, I wanted to see them making their first flight.
Still got up to a week with mine before they fledge. Camera on the blink again but I had a quick peek in the nest between visits from the parents and they are starting to get flight feathers on their wings.

Sponsored Links
Departure day! :love:

Went out to cut the grass and I saw a baby Robin on the lawn. I went in to get my phone but when I came back, it had gone into hiding. I checked the nest and three of the four were still in there, just looking at me, not crying out for food as chicks in nests often do.

IMG_1121.jpeg

Anyway, I looked around and saw that it was perched on the trellis.

IMG_5097.jpeg

Mum or Dad was up on the washing line pole watching me.

IMG_5100.jpeg

Suddenly the chick flew at me and attached itself to my T shirt. I put my hand up and it hopped on. It stayed there while I put it up into the mile-a-minute plant.

IMG_5105.jpeg

I went back indoors and watched from there. One of the parents flew back to the box and two of the others followed it out. Two of them are somewhere in the safety of the mile a minute plant now and the other two are behind pots or in the bushes. They keep making attempts to get up to the others and the parents are back and forth with food for them.

Ah well, another successful fledging - fingers crossed they all make it. I might get another camera for this year as I’ve missed most of the action.

It looks like it should still be in the nest. I hope it's ok.
Nope, all of them are out of the nest now. Parents called them out. They can fly - just. They can get up to safety in the bushes. They'll be a lot stronger tomorrow now they can stretch their wings. They’re not like us - crawling and toddling about for months. With wild birds, once they leave the comparative safety of the nest, they have to learn to fly, run or swim pretty damn quickly or risk being eaten! (y)

Last edited:
Nope, all of them are out of the nest now. Parents called them out. They can fly - just. They can get up to safety in the bushes. They'll be a lot stronger tomorrow now they can stretch their wings. They’re not like us - crawling and toddling about for months. With wild birds, once they leave the comparative safety of the nest, they have to learn to fly, run or swim pretty damn quickly or risk being eaten! (y)
We were on the Kennet & Avon canal week before last, watching a Moorhen leading four chicks along the reeds on the bank, a Herring Gull swooped then there were three :(

I stand corrected! Just seen this little fella hopping around the garden, occasionally being fed by mum and dad.

IMG_1123.jpeg

He then flew back into the nest box!

IMG_1126.jpeg

He knows what side his bread is buttered - we had a son like that!

Now this is wierd - another one has just flown back. I wonder if they'll all be back home before dark? Never known birds to do that. Just texted a friend of Mrs Mottie, a real bird watching expert and she's never heard of it before either.

IMG_1133.jpeg

The fledgelings are still about. They are over the back, in my garden and in next doors garden. I can see the parents return with food, the perch on top of our washing pole and then decide which one to fly down and feed. Mrs Mottie alerted me to one of them trying to fly through our mirror illusion gate this morning! :ROFLMAO: I went out and shoo'd it off.

IMG_5115.jpeg

Last edited:
1697286945732.jpg

This little fella is in my box as I write. It's a Blue Tit, the last one was a Coal Tit but I've put a smaller hole on the entrance.
He's been having a look around for about 15mins.

Sponsored Links
Back