My Triton Electric Shower cuts off approx 5 minutes run time COLD or Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me its doing my head in.
Everyone just assumes HOT overheat trip out with thermo BUT NOT
It trips out when set JUST just running COLD approx 5 minutes every time
Tested it all afternoon running JUST COLD trying to flush (hopefully Woefully) and it still stops running approx 5 mins in.
ALL electrics are live and connected
WHAT is it thinking inside ?
Thanks for all.

Sponsored Links
What model of Triton shower do you have ? When it cuts out ,does it start up again after a while ?

Thanks Guys

Hi JPumps What is overheating when its set to run on only Cold setting. My mains water is brass monkeys no chance of any heat there.

Hi TPlumb Model is Triton Seville it will restart after just a few minutes. I've just had it running for 10 minutes but then cut, so annoying.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys

Hi JPumps What is overheating when its set to run on only Cold setting. My mains water is brass monkeys no chance of any heat there.
But current from the supply is passing through the shower. Have you heard of showerdoc.com or contacted them, they are good for advice and parts.

Hi Guys ,

CBW I restart myself. I switch off and isolate as I'm not sure what is tripping and would be still active. Then restart from fresh.

JPumps see what you mean malfunctioning electrical heat, yes I'll try showerdoc.com Thanks

Tripping? Does it trip the mcb on the consumer unit, or is it just cutting out? If the latter then it could be voltage or solenoid related.

check your pull cord switch , it is common for the terminals to slacken off and Arc when in use, this would cause heat whether shower was hot or cold

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
CBW No actual trip MCB its still set, all led red lights on pull switch and unit stay alight the water flow just stops

Ian Pull cord switch looks and feel ok

I just think it very odd that the water cuts off when even just on Cold setting it runs now 5 to 10 minutes and then trips

I just think it very odd that the water cuts off when even just on Cold setting it runs now 5 to 10 minutes and then trips
it still uses electricity even when only running cold water, not as much as when hot but it still uses it

Could low water-pressure, or a faulty water-pressure sensor, be the cause?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back