nail through pipe

Dunno why people continue to feed Norcon. He makes Ban-All-Sheds seem rational.

A horizontal run off plastic pipe is hidden behind the area where the skirting is to be fitted.
The home owner has no idea and the plumber has long since disappeared over the mountains.

What do you do.. send a posse out to find him? :LOL:

So how do you find the pipe?

Sponsored Links
Tempest wrote
we knock a hole through the wet plaster board just above the skirting near the radiator,

Notice the OP doesn't say he knocked a hole through the plasterboard where the pipe exits the radiator valve!

From that point the pipe should travel vertical down or vertical up.
So a carpenter will know without asking questions to keep his nails away from that area.

This is a horizontal run of pipe right behind the skirting area where it should definitely not be fitted.
So its the plumbers fault.

Being a damned good chippy myself as well as running my own building business in my opinion the chippy is a ****** !! Before fitting skirting check for wire dropd and if microbore is present then use a detector if you have to pin the board.

To be honest if you use good materials theres not much need to pin a skirting board and especially if the plastering is good and the chippy preps the bottom of the skim before fitting

Result - chippy is at fault should have known that microbore can be run all over the shop not like standard 15mm pipe

Send them an invoice for your time and work carried out bet you don't hear back from them

Sponsored Links
alpcon wrote
Before fitting skirting check for wire dropd

It wasn't a wire he nailed, it was a pipe laid horizontally behind the skirting area.

Why do you think the OP panicked and went back bodging a great hole in the plaster board above the skirting just to get access to his microbore pipe!

Its a wonder it didn't cross his mind to pull the skirting off?

and if microbore is present then use a detector

And what detector will detect plastic microbore along side a batten?
Post up name and model. (he won't) :LOL:

The Bosch GMS 120 won't and its probably one off the best out there.
And if its foil backed plaster board then forget it.

Back