Neatening Electric Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for ways to or products to use to neaten power lead.
I am in a new build. I have two cupboards the builders neglected to put power sockets in to.

At the moment, I have a 13amp extension lead going into the cupboards from a near by socket, but it looks untidy. I would rather not hack the door frames around and the wire does fit under the door. Can anyone suggest a neater way of doing this?

Capture.png

Sponsored Links
Spur off the socket you are currently using for the trailing lead; and add a socket where it's needed. The less professional way is to drill a hole through (whilst not knackering the wiring in the wall) the wall, feed the trailing lead through and reconnect the plug*. Round here, the former would cost about £60.

* Someone will be along shortly to explain why this is a terrible idea!

If the thing you are plugging in via the extension lead is on the other side of the wall compared to the socket it is plugged into then you can do as chalice said and just get an electrician to fit a socket on the correct side of the wall. In the grand scheme of things a simple solution that wont create much mess at all.

Find yourself a decent local electrician and get them round to ask for a solution to your problem. You may be surprised how simple and 'cheap' it is.

Sponsored Links
The plug socket this wire originates from is along the other side of the room. I have had to run it along the skirting board, along the bottom of the stairs to upstairs and then into this cupboard. So there are no sockets near I could drill through. Silly design. Can't understand why they didn't put one in.
Was just wondering if there were any types of clips I could use to keep the wire neat against the skirting board. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back