Under Cupboard Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Surely this results in more clutter, as you have to have FCUs supplying the trailing flex to these under cupboard sockets? Granted they could be hidden above the units, but it seems like a lot of hassle for little gain. If the majority of your appliances are left plugged in all the time then I can't even see how it would look any neater, what with all those cables hanging down your walls.

depending how tall you and your family are, you can put the sockets just under the wall units, so they are out of line-of-sight.

of course, you have to crouch down to plug things in.

Why don't you like looking at sockets? Do you pin petticoats round the piano legs as well?

Sponsored Links
Just trying to keep the tiled wall free of interruptions.

The appliance flexes will only be seen when the appliances are in use. They'll be unplugged when not in use.

They're to feed occasional use appliances like toaster, bread maker, and mobile chargers.

The only thing there that's plugged in full time is a DECT phone charger, but we could always move that to another socket elsewhere: it doesn't have to be on the worktop.

my kettle, espresso and toaster are never unplugged

As already mentioned, I like the pop up sockets, and theyre cheaper than the ones you originally liked to!

bandq559.jpg

Is that your install, Rob?

If so, where did you get your kit and how much was it?

The ones I've seen are £50 +, but are IP55.

Just trying to keep the tiled wall free of interruptions.
Saves £££ if you want glass splashbacks. The glass isn't too expensive - it's the holes that push the price up.

What about dado/skirting trunking?

Or recessed compartments with tiled doors - sort of like a floorbox on its side?

Or, Plan B, repeat after me:

A kitchen is a place of work.

;)

only £5, but they do tend to get lost in the post. They seem to fall out whenever there is a hole in the envelope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back