Neon Light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

In my hall way i have put the light switch for the loft lights next to the hall's intermiadiate switch, is there a switch that has a neon in it to distinguish if the loft lights have been left on and to distinguish between the two switches,

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can get switches with neons built in (and fuses too). They're double pole and are typically used for things like immersion heaters but you can use them for lights if you like. The problem is, do you have access to a neutral for the other side of the neon? :?: :?: :?:

Edit: Cleverspark beat me to the switch. Now, about that neutral connection ---

Sponsored Links
You can get switches with neons built in (and fuses too). They're double pole and are typically used for things like immersion heaters but you can use them for lights if you like. The problem is, do you have access to a neutral for the other side of the neon? :?: :?: :?:

Edit: Cleverspark beat me to the switch. Now, about that neutral connection ---

Thanks All It sounds like it may be easier to drop the supply to the switch and loop back out to the circuit then it would be easier to use a Dp non fused fcu with neon,

Does this sound better.

Thanks Mini1961

Thanks All It sounds like it may be easier to drop the supply to the switch and loop back out to the circuit then it would be easier to use a Dp non fused fcu with neon,
Does this sound better.
Yes, excellent solution.
That is how I would wire up a "have I left my loft light on?" indicator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back