Neutrals At Switch

You still can't apply diversity to a single ring circuit. It is quite feasable that it will be fully loaded at some time or other.

You can apply diversity to more than one ring circuit as it is unlikely that they will all be fully loaded at the same time, but each circuit must be capable of being fully loaded.

Sponsored Links
:) thanks.. I've downloaded and will read.

What about the detail re. 103 being the only one with that note though? that hasn't been amended as far as I can see from a quick scan.

Not sure on that one. I'd derate regardless just to be certain it is not going to overheat.

Hmm.. OK well looks like I will have to open up those sections of wall and remove the insulation in those locations then....

I suppose the other option would be to user a 20A MCB (none of the ring finals have more than a few double sockets and are unlikely to be used for anything where using 20A would be an issue)... but then what is the likelyhood that someone else at a later date installs a 30A in the belief that the circuit was suitable.. documentation I guess..but removing the insulation will be safer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back