Never Ending Story

at least Eric did, until Allia stopped him. "Calm down Eric, it's only the Solway - and a full moon too. Fancy a quick one? :p "

Half an hour later Eric was feeling his old self again (not that Allia had left much for him to feel) but then he noticed dark shapes circling them in the water. It wasn't sharks - and it wasn't News of the World reporters. It wasn't even the SBS.

It was something far, far worse. It was the contestants from Alan Sugar's new game show; Apprentices from Hell! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Eric actually thought that was the name of the current show as they were all such a load of losers.....
"We need to find a mermaid and take her back to Lord Sugar" they cried in unison. "We can't see one anywhere"
"Sorry, no mermaids here" said Allia as she flicked her tail and placed something soft and warm in Erics mouth,
"Shhhh.....its a lozenge" she whispered.
Where did she keep those lozenges....she had no pockets :eek: :confused:

"Hold tight ..... we are off to see me sisters"
Eric went into a lozenge induced haze......but he held on fast to Allias' tail, down into a vortex then out across the ocean......

A feeling of great peace came over Eric but, at the same time, he felt he could do anything. :D :D :D How had he never been able to swim? It was so easy. You just wave your tail slowly up and down, up and down ---

"Eric, Eric, wake up!"

"Wow! You really are a mermaid. :p :p :p And all this time I thought I was just dreaming --"

"I think we'd better stop off here for a while", Allia chuckled. She turned towards the Solway coast and into a maze of rivers surrounded by mudflats and marshland. "Nobody will find us in here."

Eric wasn't so sure....he knew about mudflats....he had seen it on DIY SOS you had to have a flat board to survive, he scanned the horizon, there was not one flat board in sight.

"Don't worry" said Allia "I have made us a reed bed"
He curled up with her, it was heavenly, Allia was so.....well....so....up for it !
Doris had never been like that, you needed a degree in scaffolding just to even understand Doris' underwear, Eric had never ever dared to try to negotiate it.

Eric lay under the stars gazing at the moon, he had to get back.....prove he was the creator of the phased array, and claim the royalties, then he could build Allia a pool fit for a......well......fit for a mermaid :rolleyes:
He knew the formula off by heart.....or so he thought :eek:

:eek:

Sponsored Links
because somebody had removed the green snooker ball from his brain and now the game was impossible. :confused: :confused: :confused: "No, think Eric think! The ball is symbolic of something you've forgotten - but what?"

Just then a thought popped into his head. (This was happening a lot these days.) "Sleep Eric sleep. We're all alone here." He cuddled up to Allia and felt her skin, warm and soft under his fingertips. The great peace returned

When Eric woke ......Allia was nowhere to be seen and he was stranded in the middle of the mudflats :eek: :eek:
He began to wonder if it was all a dream, or even a nightmare !!
He looked down at his reed pillow and there carefully placed, he saw a strand of golden hair and a tiny ring with a heart, glistening in the sun.
Now what would he do.................

I think I am 'storied out' Space cat.......I have really enjoyed making a contribution.....maybe we should write a book :LOL:
Hopefully other members will continue it on....

-- he was stranded miles from anywhere, the only real love he had ever known was gone and, as if that wasn't bad enough, the never ending story might actually have come to an end! :eek: :eek: :eek:

There was only one thing for it --

Edit: Nice knowing you Susie. Hope you don't quit DIYnot altogether. :)

Quote (Hope you don't quit DIYnot altogether)

Definetly won't be doing that Space cat.....you learn an awful lot about human nature on here......a great place to while away a spare few minutes and 'people watch' :rolleyes:

.....to end it all.....:eek:

He was just contemplating throwing himself into the mud flats when a loud crash attracted his attention .... it was a sky surfer.....

"Wow,that was scary, just plummeted from Andromeda only 14,813,819,500,000,000,000 M (14 quintillion, eight hundred thirteen quadrillion, eight hundred nineteen trillion and five hundred billion miles away and about about 2.5 million light-years away"

Eric suspected that he was exaggerating, but didn't care, he had a BOARD and a BOARD meant escape and finding Allia.....

A new adventure lay ahead :) ...............

(couldn't bring myself to leave poor old Eric on the mudflats) ;)

"Can I have a go on your board? :D "

"I'm the only one who can fly it. It's from Andromeda you know."

Eric looked at the board. He wasn't quite sure where China was but he knew it wasn't on Andromeda! :LOL: Time for a different approach. "How would you like to see a real live mermaid? :p "

"I've seen nine today already - over there somewhere." The sky surfer waved his hand towards the coast. "But that was before I flew into the time storm so it might have been tomorrow --"

Eric groaned. He was stranded miles from anywhere with a fruitcake. :rolleyes: But he was in for a big surprize

He was standing on the board contemplating how to get off the mud flats when a huge gust of wind took the parachute, Eric was suddenly lifted high into the sky.
He hung on for dear life as he sped above the sea.
It was worrying.....
He totally lost track of how far he had gone.....

He landed with a thud.....where on earth was he.....and was he even on earth.......

-- or was this heaven? For there in front of him were six - no eight - no, make that nine identical mermaids. :eek:

"Eric!" they all called out in unison but Eric wasn't fooled. There was only one with the huge eyes; only one Allia. He threw himself into the water and straight into her arms.

"Oh Eric", she wept. "You didn't know that I'd be back for my ring. :cry: :cry: :cry: "
"Where -- why -- who are --- :confused: "
"So sorry Eric but I had to get to my sisters in time for our birthday."

....."but now your here I want all my sisters to experience how amazing you are"

"Ummmmm ........ amazing ...... am I amazing" Eric wasn't so sure

Eric cast his eye along the queue.....
EIGHT sisters .......
EIGHT ......

Was Allia thinking what he was thinking .....with all EIGHT......:eek::eek:

"come on Eric get stuck in" shouted Allia as she........

-- produced a large cake. Well, something cake shaped. Eric's relief was tangible but short lived --

"You'll be needing some of this. ;) " He was so confused. Mermen must be very rare - if they existed at all - so was it normal for sisters to share? :confused: There they were; nine golden haired, bare breasted beauties. In his teenage years he would've been over the moon but now he only wanted the one he loved. And look at him; covered in foul black mud -- :idea: :idea: :idea:

He almost leapt out of the water as the light bulb came on - but Allia got in first. (How did she do that?) "We all need a bath. :p "

Eric was deeply worried...
.....fantasy was one thing....he was expert at it.....the occasional 'encounter' with Doris ensured that.
But this was different....
Thoughts of a recent email crossed his mind.
'You too can be a stallion just send 2.99 and a postage stamp'

His thoughts were disturbed as Allia sidled up to him and slipped her hand in his pocket.....
Everything we need is in here Eric..... :oops:
She pulled out the phased array and threw it into the bath.
The water started to bubble and he dived in....

Eric never did remember the exact details....he just knew that when Allia cuddled up to him later and said
"that was the best ever"
that it had been the best 2.99 he had ever spent ;)

Sponsored Links
Back