Never Ending Story

Sponsored Links
Mind-melding is wasted on Vulcans. ;) ;) ;)

PS: I'll be off-line for the next week or too. Maybe somebody else will contribute - or do we just leave the lovers to sleep? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

....Eric stirred and lay looking at the stars.....it was all like a dream, it was as if someone was sitting at a computer actually writing his story....how crazy was that.
....Last night had been amazing....He had always wanted a woman who did four things, looked good, felt good, smelt good, and made him feel like a king.
....Allia did all that ....well point number three was a bit dodgy....she did smell just a little 'fishy' ;) but he could overlook that....maybe he would buy her some Chanel number 5.....he had thought about it once for Doris but she loved the LYNX experience too much :confused:
....He wanted to stay with Allia forever....maybe they could have a little boat on the Caledonian Canal....
He knew what he would do, he would 'lie low' for a few weeks....it would give him time to think.....
....Allia stirred and cuddled into him........
just for now .....he would settle for absolute bliss :) :) :)

So you can imagine his consternation when his oriental school sweetheart 'Lay Low' knocked on his door. (Groan)

The memories of that long lost love came flooding back. Suddenly, Allia wasn’t in his mind anymore as she lay upstairs naked on the bed waiting for him to to come back and finish what he started for a few hours. They were instead filled with the lovely times he and Lay Low had shared together as teenagers and love's first kiss.

He wasn’t put off by the sight of her left leg missing, which was so cruelly taken from her in an accident when her Rickshaw veered off a cliff. It didn’t matter to Eric, for she had such a beautiful right leg. He had absolutely nothing against her right leg.

Unfortunately, neither did she... :D

(Just for you Susiejb ;) )

Sponsored Links
I was meaning for me to get my brain in gear ..... hope you didn't think I meant you :cry:

It really enjoyed writing it .... just a bit of fun ..... and quite challenging at times to keep it going ..... will have a think on a reply :)

He pulled Lay Low towards him and wrapped his tail around her leg but, just as he tried to kiss her, she said "I've got to go now" and turned into a floating log! :eek: "LAY LOW" he called out as he woke up. It was one of those awful dreams that seemed so real that you woke up still believing it. Eric tried to get his thoughts together. He had gone to sleep bathed in love's glory, floating on cloud nine, but now he felt a great sense of loss. Could she have been real all those years ago?

Suddenly a mermaid rose out of the water, almost, but not quite, identical to the nine sisters. "Lay Low was her first love - but she left."

Eric looked at Allia. She was in a deep coma but Eric had seen this lots of times so he wasn't worried.

"Let her rest. Anam cheile is a big thing for mermaids. We can't spawn until we've achieved it."

"She hasn't --- :eek: "

"No, no, she's just sleeping. Mermaids only spawn on special days. She didn't tell you this? Oh, I nearly forgot. I'm their aunt."

Eric felt perplexed....'her aunt' just how many more members were there to this mermaid family. He wished he had a laptop....he could have done a quick search on Ancestry.com just to check. So many mermaids ...surely somewhere there had to be some mermen :eek: but he had never heard of one.

He felt he had to freshen up ... gather his thoughts. He slid into the water, ducking and diving through the reeds, it felt cool and sort of 'homely' he reached for his soap and smoothed it all over....
as his hand touched his leg a cold shiver ran down his spine.....
his leg felt....
well, his leg felt .....
flaky,
rough,
and
dare he even think it ......
his leg felt scaly :eek: :eek: :eek:

He surfaced in a hurry - maybe too much of a hurry because his heavy canvas shorts slid half-way off. :oops: "What a plonker!" he chuckled to himself as he stared down at his legs. Feeling greatly relieved, he took yet another bite of calamus root and slid back into the water.

As he passed underneath a raft of floating weed, the roots trailed over his skin and memories of Lay Low came flooding back; small and dark with lustrous black hair and nimble fingers. Of course she had to leave - hadn't she told him from the start that her family would never allow her to marry a mermaid - but it had been great while it lasted. :D :D :D

He swam on, nibbling on the root as he slid gracefully through a forest of feathery fronds. He just loved being a mermaid; at least he did until he tried to breathe under water --- :eek: :eek: :eek:

he probably shouldn't have tried to do it......

but when he finally regained consciousness Allia was giving him mouth to mouth and 'auntie' was sitting astride him (in a mermaid sort of way) and giving him what he hoped was heart massage :oops: not quite the way they taught it at the Red Cross but if felt absolutely wonderful :eek:

....."Lay Low" he whispered "that is soooooo good"....

The mouth to mouth immediately ceased.....

"Who the hell is Lay Low" said Allia

"No one" said Eric "I was just thinking that we have laid low and now we have to move on".

Her little face melted into a smile.....

"Tomorrow Allia I have to go and claim my fortune ......
tomorrow we will ...............

-- swim to the bottom of Loch Ness and find -- find the way to the end of this sentence --

Eric's words fizzled out as he struggled to think straight. "Come on Eric, your brain's all messed up but you were an engineer before you were a mermaid so get the lid off and fix it. :cool: Are those screws Philips or Pozi --?" But wait! :!: If he took the screwdriver out, wouldn't he lose all knowledge of its existence? How could he use a tool that -- that wasn't there? :confused: :confused: :confused: The answer came in a flash. :idea: Allia was a telepath; she didn't need a screwdriver.

Actually she did; she just didn't know it. As she stared at the lid of the phased array she had a clear image of the tool she needed but no idea what it was called. :( Her aunts had told her that anam cheile was not to be undertaken lightly and of course she had poo-pooed them all. :LOL: To feel Eric's love flow through her had certainly been the experience of a lifetime - better than the best of the best ever :p :p :p - but all this other stuff. :eek: Aero bars in the sky; faces running round in circles; bohemian raspberries; gadgets and widgets, gods and ghosts. How could humans function with so much in their heads?

....reality....he had to get back to reality .... Erics head was spinning .....he felt he had lost the plot completely, but then he remembered there had never really been a plot ....life as he knew it had somehow just gone...was he really a merman....someone said he was a mermaid :?: :eek: :rolleyes:
He had a quick look just to check ....no he was a merman absolutely for definite.

He looked at little Allia, her little golden head held low, and a tear trickling slowly down her cheek...who had dared to fill her sweet little head with all that confusing stuff :evil:
He wanted to assure her that an Aero bar was quite delicious, that football was only a game, and yes it did seem very silly that grown men ran around a field kicking a ball and shouting :eek: that raspberries were tasty, that she didn't need an ipod and that god was just a myth.

He wanted to find a solution to it all....
Who could he turn to ....someone out there just had to have the answer.....but who.....

"I see my fifth niece hasn't quite recovered yet." Auntie had come to the rescue.
"I don't understand", said Eric as he cradled the sobbing Allia. "It was all so -- so -- wonderful. What happened? :cry: "
"When did you learn to swim Eric?"
"I've always been able to swim. :eek: "
"Really? And how long have you been a mermaid?"
"B-but that was just too much calamus - wasn't it? :confused: "
"No Eric it was anam cheile. You have all her memories in your head and she has yours." Eric looked blank.
"Life is simple for mermaids - hatch, eat, sleep, swim, spawn and die - but not you humans. Your heads are full of things we can't even begin to understand and some of them aren't very nice. It can be a terrible shock the first time."
"W-what can I do?"
"Just give her time and lots of love. Oh, and Lay Low is a suppressed memory that you picked up by accident. Don't mention her. Don't even think about her. She'll remember when she's ready. :) "
And with that she disappeared back into the water. Eric thought a while --

"Allia", he said softly, "Once is not enough. :) "

Sponsored Links
Back