New Boiler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
That's a good idea.

And the device on the left hand pipe?
It is obvious by looking at it that the two right hand pipes are the CH flow & return, the centre the gas pipe and the other two the cold water in and hot water out. The lever valve is the hot water outlet. The left had pipe is capped off. I like the idea of 22mm to the combi cold feed.

I would have gone for the 40kW if the uprated gas supply was not a problem, and have over 16 litres per minute hot water. This gives 13.1 Litres per minute. Once scale forms in the plate heat exchanger and and the cold water feed is around freezing that 13.1 will drop quite a bit. It is yesterday's technology. Complexity still with a plate heat exchanger and 3-way valve. That looks like an off-the-shelf Gianonni heat exchanger.

I still would have gone for the Ferroli Modena 38C with 16 litres per min, with far more simplicity of design.... and a smaller case.

The 32 kw Modena is around £500 cheaper. The 38C at 16 litres per min is £300 cheaper than this 32kW, 13 litres per min Ideal.

Last edited:
That's a good idea.

And the device on the left hand pipe?
The left hand pipe is indeed is CH Flow and has a device known as
salamander corrosion guard, its meant to take out the oxygen in the CH system.

Sponsored Links
It is obvious by looking at it that the two right hand pipes are the CH flow & return, the centre the gas pipe and the other two the cold water in and hot water out. The lever valve is the hot water outlet.
:rolleyes:..
So you're suggesting the filling loop has been fitted across the flow & return??:)
From left to right...CH flow/hot supply/gas/CWM/CH return....

Got it wrong. The jury is out on the in-line salamander corrosion guard that replaces liquid inhibitor.

Last edited:
It is obvious by looking at it that the two right hand pipes are the CH flow & return, the centre the gas pipe and the other two the cold water in and hot water out.

It may be obvious to you!

But it is not what I deduced by looking at it.

Luckily the boiler MI also confirm that my assessment is correct and the left hand pipe is the heating flow!

I am not impressed by your abilities in this respect.

It may be obvious to you!

But it is not what I deduced by looking at it.

Luckily the boiler MI also confirm that my assessment is correct and the left hand pipe is the heating flow!

I am not impressed by your abilities in this respect.
Absolutely correct Tony.

He is wrong on my abilities though. Let's face it you have had a few spankings from me. :)
Are you referring to the suggestion you made regarding "weep tubes running all over the house from boiler to room stat"?..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..
The room stat would have been located within close proximity of boiler..:)
Stating the fill loop valve is positioned on the CH flow which in turn fills the system via the CH return is laughable.....that'll be another keyboard fooked..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you referring to the suggestion you made regarding "weep tubes running all over the house from boiler to room stat"?..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..
The room stat would have been located within close proximity of boiler..:)
Stating the fill loop valve is positioned on the CH flow which in turn fills the system via the CH return is laughable.....that'll be another keyboard fooked..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He is still at it :LOL: By definition the room thermostat would be in...wait for it... the room. Such fun, spanking.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back