New boiler timer

Thanks POD

I could not get the timer suggested but was told the Drayton Lifestyle LP711 would do the trick.

This is its manual.

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/instructions/LP.pdf

I would appreciate some help with wiring this thing

This is what I currently have.

The cable between the clock and boiler is as follows
Red goes to L1 where it appears to have a link to the incoming mains supply which terminates at 3
This I presume is a perm live

Yellow goes to 4, I presume this is the switch live

Blue goes to the neutral

What I don't know is where to put the red and yellow on the new time switch.

On the wiring the time switch picture, I think the red cable should go to 1 (com) and Yellow will go to 3?

Any help on this would be REALLY appreciated

The system is a real simple setup The timer just needs to switch the boiler on and off, they are no other controls, no stat anything

Sponsored Links
Hello c_l, yes I agree with your 'logic', notwithstanding the fact that I can't see your system.......

The original connections seem to suggest that the 3 Core&E has a permanent live to the boiler (red), a switched live (yellow) and a blue neutral. So, for the new, basic timeswitch, the red should be connected to 'Com' (or 'L'), and the yellow should go to terminal 3.

Have you considered replacing that old boiler - or at least adding a room 'stat? Are you sure that it's not a combi? Do you have a hot water cylinder/header tank etc?

Lucia.

Thanks again POD

Its not actually my system.

The boiler is either a Glow-worm Fuel saver 65f or 80f

The system is real basic the boiler timer just switches on the boiler at times during the day

The only way to switch the central heating off is to actually go up stairs and turn the fullway valve off, to stop water getting to the radiators

There is a small and I mean small hot water tank

They are no other controls

No instant hot water

Sponsored Links
Perhaps then, you might advise the customer to at least have a room 'stat to control the pump on such a seemingly wasteful and basic system?

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back