New burglar Alarm.Wired or wireless.Which one?Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would like to install a new burglar alarm which has a sim card auto dialer facility.
Is there an alarm which incorporates both wires and wireless into it and is it in the remit of diy.
I have no problems downstairs in running the cables from the control unit to the keypad but it is the sensors which is causing issues.Can a wired system incorporate wireless pir sensors and the rest of the system as wired.

Any recommendations please as i have been led to believe a good system can be obtained under £300 mark with the sim card dialer.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well if people tell you can get it for under £300, ask them what equipment they are advising.

The gsm com elite is £135, but that wont make your phone ring either, but the text messages would be specific from a Premier elite panel.
A kit with a bellbox and the gsm would be over 300.
The kits come with petwise sensors and they could allow short people not be detected, but that's the way pet sensors work, basically ignoring things below a certain height.

A Galaxy Flex FX100+ with GSM, Ethernet, RF portal and keyprox keypad comes in at £330. You still then need to buy sensors, panel battery and external sounder. This is the top of the Flex range though.

Having spoken to texecom on 01706212524 they have advised against fitting one of their alarms by a diyer. They have said that even the professionals call them to be sure.I gather the texecom panel would be complicated.

After speaking to loads of installers i believe it would be either pyronix or risco agility 4.Any thoughts on what would be easiest to install or recommendations.
I need mains connected keypad and power unit and external sounder with 4 pir's and 2 door contacts.
I would also need to be able to see when the alarm is triggered and be able to reset-unset-set from anywhere in the world.

Don’t think you will get much support on here for risco ....pyronix is your best bet

Installers offer what hey are used to or think best suits your needs.

the kit you was looking ay Wasn't Agility 4 either, you probably couldn't buy the Agility 4 in the UK either as they sell to Trade only.

I personally think your going to struggle with any system setting it up properly yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back