new ceiling light keeps blowing the fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do working sparks give good advise
and armchair sparks want to tell everyone
to buy a book and a multimeteeoplr and then
do nothing but bully new commers to the forum.

people will look here for advise read these posts
and think i dont want to put myself through that for a bit
of advise. i will just try it on my own

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jockspark, it is refreshing to hear someone that speaks sense. If everyone were as sanctimonious and patronizing as bas**** I would soon lose faith in humanity. I bought a dimmer switch today, but heaven forbid I have any problems with it, I will think twice before asking on this site. Bas would probably be on to me like a shot. Craig.

hi craigo dont lose faith mate if you have questions
come and ask. there are loads of very good sparks
on here always willing to help.
its a good place to gain and share knowledge.
we all make mistakes
as the darlek said climbing off the dustbin

Cheers Jockspark, if all users of this forum had such good manners, I would recommend it to friends, but from what I have seen, I couldn't. I'm sure that you can appreciate that I wouldn't want my friends to receive abuse every time they ask a question. If bas wants to have another pop at me however, I am ready.

I liked that motto by the way. If you're not making mistakes, then you're probably not learning anything. Kind regards. Craig.

Sponsored Links
it's not that you asked a question that BAS has a problem with, it's the fact that you tried it, messed up THEN came and asked for advice..

going back to BAS's car analogy, if you changed your brakes, crashed into a wall then went on a mechanics forum asking why your car didn't stop, I suspect you'd get a similar response.. which is also why I was kind of narky with you to start with..

if you'd come and asked " I took my ceiling rose cover off and can't figure out where the wires go, how do I do it?" then you may have recieved a more favourable response.

no one here gets paid to help out.. and occasionally we get fed up just like everyone else..

if you got asked the same questions about accounting day in and day out you might occasionally snap at a few people..

hi coljack yes you made this point and then went
on to give the op the info he needed to put
right his mistake.
the op took your point and your info on board
problem solved job done then bas comes on and offers
nothing but abuse.
people see this and stop posting then this forum
will just disapear.

oh BTW hows the back

I am a little concerned that we are going to keep going round and round in circles with this and I feel like banging my head against the wall. I looked in a DIY book first of all, but it did not help because it only showed how to wire a rose. I therefore followed my instinct and wired it like a plug with the black, red and earth respectively together. I then switched it on and it inevitably blew the fuse. So I came to this site to ask. I am sorry that this offends anyone, but I feel that you need to get some perspective. Who gives a sh1t? My problem with bas is that even when he knew the problem was resolved, he kept criticizing me. I can accept constructive criticism, but he just wanted to put the boot in and say what an idiot I have been. What is the point? If someone asked me a question, I wouldn't take the p1ss out of them for it. That is the sign of an ignoramus. I hope that I can be left in peace now.

.....Waiting for BAS to be critical of the OP's spelling now..... ;)

There is the IGNORE feature where postings from people whose attitude deficit outwieghs their advice benefit can be prevented from appearing in the postings.

I have corrected the spelling, but typing on an iphone is not the easiest thing in the world. I'm probably going to unsubscribe to the site tonight, but thanks to those of you that have helped me, and I wish you all the best in life, esp jockspark.

I bought a dimmer switch today, but heaven forbid I have any problems with it, I will think twice before asking on this site.
Thank God for that, if the way you react to people who say something critical, but not vituperative or nasty, is to call them saddos, know-it-alls, unpleasant, unintelligent, bullies, cowards, sanctimonious, patronising, ignorami, tell them that they need professional help to deal with their "issues" and make comparisons like "I have more brains in my little finger than you have in your whole body"

My problem with bas is that even when he knew the problem was resolved, he kept criticizing me.
I did not "keep criticising" you except when you left me with no option but to defend my position following your attacks on me.

I invite everyone, particularly you jockspark, to go back and read my original post, then compare what I said in it to the things that Craigo has said to and about me, and ask yourself who is actually guilty of being rude and unpleasant here.

Bas, you truly are inspirational. You should be a motivational speaker, you're wasted on this site. Not everyone is an electrician. This site is to ask DIY questions, but you seem to be using it to massage your own ego. If you don't want to help DIYers, no one is forcing you. If I were you, I wouldn't put my name on messaages either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back