New combi boiler installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a new combi boiler. What documention do I need to obtain from the plumber, to prove the installation was done correctly and professionally?

Sponsored Links
applesauce said:
I've just installed a new combi boiler. What documention do I need to obtain from the plumber, to prove the installation was done correctly and professionally?

You cant as it wasnt. Your a diyer.

You need him to say he done certain parts of the job which he didnt which means probably starting again!

see here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94626

applesauce said:

Well if it is a gas boiler it needs to be registered with CORGI by the installer who fit it. Then you recieve a certificate throught the post from CORGI.

Then the log book needs signing off by the registered installer as well.

Or if its a DIY job then good Luck

Or get the building control officer to pass it and untill then you better not be using it

good luck witht that

Sponsored Links
Sorry that was badly worded. I should have said, I've had a combi boiler installed. So I need "gas boiler registered with CORGI by the installer who fit it. Then you recieve a certificate throught the post from CORGI.
and Then the log book needs signing off by the registered installer as well."

Cheers.

Can't really see what you're asking :confused: Your corgi installer would register, fill in benchmark and notify for you automatically at the end of the job.

All you will then get is the certificate about 2 weeks later.

Ummm what certificate?
I had a combi put in about 2 years ago, benchmark filled in, but no certificate?

timbalcombe said:
Ummm what certificate?
I had a combi put in about 2 years ago, benchmark filled in, but no certificate?
depends if it was fitted before 1st April 2005

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back