New Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Kitchen refit planned, the old extractor fan was plugged into a socket which was high up on the wall (hidden by the cabinets).

The new cooker hood has arrived and is not fitted a plug, to be honest, the socket location would mean that any plug is visible so I'd rather not go down that route anyway.

What would be the most suitable method of getting power to the hood? Is it possible to use the wiring currently feeding the socket?

Sponsored Links
can't see can't say..
give us a photo and we'll advise more.

also need to know the switching arangements etc..

You could replace this with a FCU and hardwire to it. You could extend it so it came further down the wall nearer the hood and use an FCU

Sponsored Links
Or extend down to a switched FCU just above counter top level in line with the other accessories, then cable back up to a flex outlet plate.....

.....Is it jist me, or does anybody else find the relationship between the cooker switch position and the old cupboard mounting holes above it just a bit worrying....?

.....Is it jist me, or does anybody else find the relationship between the cooker switch position and the old cupboard mounting holes above it just a bit worrying....?

I'd be more concerned about where to cooker isolation switch is, in relationship to the cooker if a hob was above it! and socket-outlet at the other side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back