New cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A neighbour has an existing (faulty) gas cooker in an alcove which must have housed some sort of range cooker at some time. A guy who come to look at the cooker said that if she wanted a new one, he did not think it would be able to go in the same place, although he did not have the correct dimension to hand. can anyone tell me what the correct dimension is for free space above a gas cooker. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's o.k. I've found the answer on another web site.

Hi me again. According to the Dixons website the required distance is 760mm. According to a man in Comet it is 750mm. According to another man in Comet ( not an employee) this relates to distance from combustible surfaces. We estimate a clearance of 710mm to 750mm depending on selection of cooker. Would this be suitable. The alternative would be to find an another location for the cooker which would involve a bit more upheaval and expense for this old lady. Any advice most gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hilfe said:
Hi me again. According to the Dixons website the required distance is 760mm. According to a man in Comet it is 750mm. According to another man in Comet ( not an employee) this relates to distance from combustible surfaces. We estimate a clearance of 710mm to 750mm depending on selection of cooker. Would this be suitable. The alternative would be to find an another location for the cooker which would involve a bit more upheaval and expense for this old lady. Any advice most gratefully appreciated.

Regulations are 760mm for a combustible surface. manufacturers instructions always override this if different. If fitting an extractor hood then go by this M I's. Often can go down to 650mm

there is also a measurement from a wall too ..
me thinks it is 300 ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back