New Covid Variant - B.1.1.529

Sponsored Links
Go back and look at what you stated in your post; you said "between Dec 2020 and July 2021.....".

It may well have been published in September but its subject matter is older.

Yes, but this is how scientific reporting works. You can't just ignore all science based on the fact the data was not gathered yesterday. If you did, you could start claiming crazy things like, vaccines don't work, covid isn't real, the world is flat ...

"suspected side effects"

Not

"adverse reactions"

Sponsored Links
The have preserved, for themselves:
Making racism and xenophobia acceptable

Nonsense.

Every public (i.e. funded by tax collected and administered by the so-called conservative government) body throughout the country loudly proclaims against racism; provides for, protects and favours foreigners, sometimes to the detriment of us natives, and generally ties itself in knots to be as un-racist as possible. It is inescapable in any part of the country.

Tell me how this current administration is racist?

Yellow card reports of adverse reactions are yellow card reports of adverse reactions

not caused by the vaccine.

they are events after the vaccine.

association not causation…..which is what you’ve been claiming.

And how many of those were in hospital?

77 cases detected isn't enough to be statistically significant, so it's meaningless to make statements based on it.
Maybe to you, allow that others might perceive better. Take down your straw man #3, and open your mind a bit.
The quote shows they're tracking variants for all cases, not just 77 cases. Sorry you weren't capable of working that out.
Invalid arguments of no value, do show your motivations.

Look here https://www.ft.com/content/d315be08-cda0-462b-85ec-811290ad488e
It explains the obvious quite clearly.

Or here "Data on omicron's severity is "encouraging" says Fauci"

I don't know if those are behind a paywall, - add Bypass Paywalls Clean to your browser.

Also bleedin obvious but I'll point it out in case some muppet thinks it's a major breakthrough: even if the pathogenicity is low, the rate of rise of cases may be such that the effect on society is still high. Additionally, the age-distribution of contraction is a concern to be monitored. These and others are sound reasons to increase vaccinations to "flatten the curve", again.

Last edited:
Yes, but this is how scientific reporting works. You can't just ignore all science based on the fact the data was not gathered yesterday. If you did, you could start claiming crazy things like, vaccines don't work, covid isn't real, the world is flat ...

Quite so, but we are in unprecedented times, where everything is being speeded up.

Pro-jabbers rave about the speed and efficiency of vaccine rollouts, and then quote 12 month old figures to prove the success of it!

Bring back precedented times.

For starters, Windrush.

One thing the Tories are very good at is spinning everything in their multi-million pound marketing machine (paid for by the tax payer) to make people think they are the good guys.

Nonsense.

Every public (i.e. funded by tax collected and administered by the so-called conservative government) body throughout the country loudly proclaims against racism; provides for, protects and favours foreigners, sometimes to the detriment of us natives, and generally ties itself in knots to be as un-racist as possible. It is inescapable in any part of the country.

windrush

Boris Johnson has apologised for referring to black people as 'piccaninnies

Conservative leadership hopeful Boris Johnson has defended his infamous description of black people in Africa bearing “watermelon smiles

FFS can we keep ONE thread on topic. It'll drift off to Boris's party next

and then quote 12 month old figures to prove the success of it

17/11/2021 from ONS

Vaccine effectiveness

Booster vaccine provides over 90% protection against symptomatic COVID-19 infection in adults aged 50 years and over

Protection against symptomatic COVID-19 infection was at over 90% two weeks after receiving a booster vaccine, according to a study by UKHSA. Their analysis shows that in adults aged 50 years and over protection against symptomatic infection was 93.1% in those who had received the AstraZeneca vaccine initially and 94.0% for those who had received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine initially.

Last updated: 17/11/2021

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...les/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/vaccines

Sponsored Links
Back