new digital camera.....?

ellal said:
Just got a canon A530 as a holiday camera..

£130 Here

Have been amazed how good it is (rivals our fuji s9500 except on the zoom)..and it uses AA batteries, so you can use rechargeables[/url]
just looked at the camera, WTF is this 'widescreen shooting' all about? Do people really fall for these 'features'?

Sponsored Links
Can I butt in?

I'm looking for v cheap digi camera for taking photos at work with. As long as the res is OK for putting piccys into ppt presentations, that's all I'm bothered about. Any ideas of what, where and how much? Is 30 quid too little to spend?

olly_k said:
Do people really fall for these 'features'?
Like digital zoom?

Secure, have you tried a camera phone? Otherwise CPC always seem to have cheap digital cameras in, sometimes you have to look on the offer sheets but I don't know what sort of quality to expect.

olly_k said:
just looked at the camera, WTF is this 'widescreen shooting' all about? Do people really fall for these 'features'?
I guess this 'feature' is just one of the things it does...nothing to do with the picture quality of course, but we didn't 'fall for it' when we bought it - we actually tried it out!... ;)

Sponsored Links
empip said:
Having said that, the tiltable lcd is nice to have...
Allows use overhead (in crowds) or eases use from waist level or tripod.
Yeah - and when held down low in crowds, pointing upwards - we know what you're about....

ellal said:
olly_k said:
I guess this 'feature' is just one of the things it does...nothing to do with the picture quality of course, but we didn't 'fall for it' when we bought it - we actually tried it out!... ;)
I wasn't having a go, it is just the first time I have seen it and thought maybe you'd be better putting black bars top & bottom of piccy instead!

securespark said:
Can I butt in?

I'm looking for v cheap digi camera for taking photos at work with. As long as the res is OK for putting piccys into ppt presentations, that's all I'm bothered about. Any ideas of what, where and how much? Is 30 quid too little to spend?

Si, I have sent you an email about this, but the address in your profile is still the secure-electrical one. If that's no longer correct now you're not SE any more, email me...

Shooting Modes......Canon A530.
Beach
Fireworks
Foliage
Indoor
Kids & pets
Landscape
Night scene
Night snapshot
Portrait mode
Snow
Stitch assist .....now that's interesting...it didn't say how many pics you can stitch...and it's only 1.8 screen.

empip said:
The Great Battery Shootout! - (2005)
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM
From
http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

I mainly use viewfinder for shooting and LCD screen for some edits and menus... Having said that, the tiltable lcd is nice to have
lcdmonitor03-001.jpg
lcdmonitor06-001.jpg

There must be some half decent 2nd hand kit out there.
My Olympus Camedia has been superceded several times since 2003 - but remains a good little package... ( Has that elusive 'Mag' alloy body' so it should burn well ).
My 1980'ish OM1 F1.4 SLR remains a nice capable piece of kit ... There is little substitute for quality... 25 yrs plus from new, well used, never a fault.

This is neat, no separate viewfinder, but is water and shockproof - to a degree - 7.1 MP.
olympus_mju720sw_frontback-.jpg

Olympus Stylus 720 SW
;)

Show orf :LOL: :LOL: Nice kit that pip!!

ban-all-sheds said:
empip said:
Having said that, the tiltable lcd is nice to have...
Yeah - and when held down low in crowds, pointing upwards - we know what you're about....

:eek: I never would have thought............ ;)

vokera80e said:
Shooting Modes......Canon A530.
Beach
Fireworks
Foliage
Indoor
Kids & pets
Landscape
Night scene
Night snapshot
Portrait mode
Snow
Stitch assist .....now that's interesting...it didn't say how many pics you can stitch...goe for a bigger screen.

I finally did it, bought a fugifilm finepix f11. Was sold on the v/quicck start up which on my old one start up time was at least 30 secs, the f11 has a li.on batterry 120 and charges onboard The screen does react to different light conditions but will take a lot of grtting used to :(
The spec said 16 mb x card supplied. But! there was a 64mb card instead:cool: ........

securespark said:
Can I butt in?

My advise would be look at the lens. Forget the zoom as most pictures will be inside and a wide angle is much more useful than a powerful zoom, the wider the better. I also like the ones that take AA batteries because if you need a picture and you have flat batteries you can nip into any garage and buy some. I tend to wipe out batteries very quickly because most inside shots use the flash.

Nine

Thanks a lot. I don't seem to have it but my e-mail system is notorious for putting stuff in the wrong folders!

Yes, although I am now corporatespark (!!), I still operate the secure-electrical e-mail.

Could you please resend it to "simon@........"?

Thanks!!

Pens, thanks for this!

Sponsored Links
Back