New feature: Thank you

DIYnot

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today we have added the 'Thanks' feature, where you can give thanks for useful posts that you come across in the forum. We'll be trialling this feature for a period of time and if successful it will become a permanent feature of the site.

You can give thanks for a post by click on the 'thanks' button:

icon_thanks.gif

You can see a record of how many times you have been thanked on your profile.

:D

Sponsored Links
Quite a good feature to have. After a while, one gains an idea of which members make the more useful suggestions or give sound advice, but it's not easy for a newcomer to tell.

It would be neat, though, if the display for the number of times thanked could be in the singular for all those forum members who get thanked only once.

I have been thanked in 2 posts, how do you know what posts they were in, thanks.

Sponsored Links
can we have an ungrateful sod button for those that never say thank you?

An excellent improvement.

However , personally I'd have put it at the bottom of the post rather than the top.

On second thoughts, how useful is this going to be if people keep thanking their friends for frivolous posts in General Discussion?

Can the thankyou line on the forum be word wrapped, so if 50 people thank someone, it wraps it onto several lines. Clearly on this page alone there is an issue with this!

Is there any way for you, i.e. on my behalf, to remove a "thanks" that someone else has left for me?

No, it is not something that can be easily done at this stage.

Email me with the post in question and the reason why you want it removed.

Sponsored Links
Back