New governor required for gas meter - who does it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch came out to check for a leak on my newly-installed WB 30CDi boiler recently. The boiler was fine and the leak was eventually found to be in an elbow joint under the living room floor.

However, the WB engineer did a thorough test of the WB 30CDi boiler and this included checking the gas supply. The gas meter is located within 2m of the boiler.

He checked the gas flow rate and it was below the minimum required for the WB 30CDi boiler - not by much, but still below.

WB will revoke any warranty/guarantee on the boiler if I don't get the problem fixed. They say that the governor in the gas meter needs to be changed to allow a higher flow rate.

I have several questions on this issue.

1. Should the original installers be held accountable is WB revoke my 5-year guarantee on the boiler? They are WB registered and, surely, they should have checked my gas flow rate was within specs for the boiler?

2. I phoned Southern Electric (who also supplied my gas) and they said I need to contact National Grid. I phoned National Grid and they said I need to contact Southern Electric. Who is responsible for changing the governor on a gas meter?

Sponsored Links
Transco to change governor,

What was the working pressure at meter when boiler running on max

You might not be getting another gas to the meter to supply boiler.

I installed a vaillant 837 in my own house, was only getting 13mb at meter.

Transco came out fitted and supplied new gas pipe to meter, they also relaid slabs they had lifted.

Had a similar problem with our system a few years ago. Suddenly noticed that boiler wasn't heating very much, and that hob went out when boiler fired up.

Transco came and sorted it in 30 mins flat!

probably find you have a sleeved gas main (plastic through the old metal pipe) just ring 0800 111 999 tell them that you aren't getting enough gas through to your boiler / cooker they will attend within the hour and will sort them problem quickly and properly (always had 100% service from SGN)

Sponsored Links
Another Unhelpfull WB Engineer Then!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

A Decent RGI would have contacted Transco for you there and then to save you the hassle!! :rolleyes:
Perhaps WB do allow there engineers to go the extra mile!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back