New Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my drill accessories and screwdrivers etc with the emphasis on quality and would like some recommendations please.

Thinking of starting with this

ae235

What are your thoughts on Erbaurr and what kits do you like?

Sponsored Links
yep ive got some,and the cobalt drills aswell.
seem to last a long time.

Sponsored Links
the bosch self cut will be discontinued in february to be replaced by a far superior type at the same price
look at "daredevil " wood bits on u-tube

I like the Bosch Selfcut bits, however it really depends what you're using them for. If you're drilling in a place where there might be nails or screws present use a cheap set, as you're going to blunt any bit fairly quickly. If it's clean wood, go for a more expensive set such as the Selfcut bits

the bosch self cut will be discontinued in february to be replaced by a far superior type at the same price
look at "daredevil " wood bits on u-tube

Just looked at the youtube video and they do look impressive and quick. No mention of wheather it's possible to sharpen these bits though and being a mean, er , careful sort of person I never like the idea of throwaway tools even if it is just a drill bit :confused:

Just looked at the youtube video and they do look impressive and quick. No mention of wheather it's possible to sharpen these bits though and being a mean, er , careful sort of person I never like the idea of throwaway tools even if it is just a drill bit :confused:
I'm slowly moving over onto Bosch SelfCut bits from a mixed set of Irwin/Makita flat spade bits. These Bosch bits are really worth the extra as they don't dull anywhere near as quickly as the traditional spades and they cut cleanly and quickly. I've sharpened my own bits in the past and I reckon it should be possible to sharpen the Bosch bits in the same way, although to date (3 years plus trade use) I've yet to banjax a SelfCut so badly that it wouldn't respond to a quick touch-up on a diamond hone.

I like the DeWalt range of drill bits they last a long time, Also used the Bosch multi-construction drill bits with my cordless drill and they work really well.

this might surprise you but ryobi do several cases including flat bits :D
Not coming from you, BA! I've got several of their kits, but, the spade bits aren't a patch on the Bosch ones, the screwdriver bits don't last anywhere near as long as the Wiha/Wera bits I normally buy whilst the HSS bits just aren't up to drilling electro-arc steel. They're OK as starter sets, but not up to the more demanding work. That said they were buttons to buy and I find the brad point twist bits excellent on softwood.....

yes they are good starting set we seldom use/wear out any more than 5 to 10% off any set so just replace the ones we use/wear out :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back